Eye of the Tiger Workout Club

YellowSub

So here's the story morning glories.......The hubby and I book a trip to Mexico for Christmas. Being trapped in an urban environment I have not worn a bathing suit in at least a year....I dig an old swim suit out of the closet. It doesn't fit.

:confused:

No problem, I head to the local department store to purchase a swimsuit. After trying on thousands of suits including some that even a golden girl wouldn't wear, I finally find one that fits, black with criss cross straps and ruffles.

It looks HIDEOUS. The straps dig into my chub and things that shouldn't be jiggling....are. The ruffles hide nothing. Damn them.

So I have decided losing weight will no longer be enough, I have to actually get in shape so I will not be forced to wear the swim suit from Lane Bryant hades. I'm thinking I prefer a red two piece.

:)

I was hoping to find people here who are concerned more with the working out part of weight lose....no loose skin for us! I plan to do a half mile jog each morning and a strength/cardio combo after work each day.

Let's PUSH and SUPPORT each other and make it happen! Who's with me for wearing more flattering clothes by xmas?? What are your workout goals for this upcoming week? Last week I said I would work out every day but only worked out four days.......I want to change that this week!

And yes I know working out makes you feel good blah blah but honestly I am shallow and I want to fit into a cute swimsuit. At least I'm honest!

I would love to join you... I am just getting over (keeping fingers crossed) a nasty cold that had me sitting out all last week. I also just went on a 3 day binge (needed to feed my cold and sleep) to try to get better.

My goals is to work out (walk/run... might not make it to the gym) 3x this week. I think that would be fine... considering I had to take a week off.

I'm in! Thats one of my main things I dont want to just lose the weight I want to look good. I can't even remember the last itme i went to teh beach! Anyway when I started my "journey" I started running 6 days a week a bit nuts but im totally dedicated! Soon I want to mix in some weights but not just yet.

Just wanted to stop by and say that I like the title of the club...is it just a workout challenge?

Hi all...glad to meet some cool people in the same boat as me. It's not easy to make time to work out but I know we will be looking and feeling great in the long run. Since I am usually a coach tater working out regularly is a big challenge.

Today I did a quick run and took a hip hop dance class. I have two left feet but it was fun anyway and got me moving! It sounds like you all have awesome goals which I know you will meet.

What sort of workouts are you into right now? I am always looking for new ideas to avoid boredom...because boredom equals me snacking, and usually on something choco-licious. :newangel:

Also what music pumps you up when you workout? I am dl'ing some stuff to make an awesome workout playlist for when I (ugh) run and need some input.

To me this thread would be more of a workout support/tips/etc. group but if you all want to do a challenge I am down! Maybe start one up in Oct? For some reason the first of the month always seems best.

A challenge would be great. I love working out... hopefully I will be healthy enough to get back at it on Thursday or Friday (I have had a cold for over a week :(). How is everyone's week going? I have been good food wise... after a weekend of binging it feels good.

Oh my goodness my hubby is sick too! There must be something going around...how are you feeling? I have been doing pretty well...although I took Wed off because I was feeling lazy. Food wise I have been an angel for once!

Also, *Eye of the Tiger* workout challenge has been posted!

http://weight-loss.fitness.com/club...-workout-challenge-signup-oct-1st-prizes.html

Please sign up....there are prizes! Yay for motivation lol.

Back