Exercise bike advice

Hi all,
I am looking to lead a healthier lifestyle. I am 30yrs old and have high blood pressure. I realise the best thing i can do to reduce/control this problem is exercise.

My problem is i work all day and when i get in my wife goes of to work whilst i look after my little girl. By 19:30 my daughter is in bed so this leaves me some time to myself. The nurse i see regarding my BP recommends i invest in a piece of fitness equipment i can do at home once my daughters in bed.

I like the idea of an exercise bike, but my problem is i cannot decide whether it would be better to by a convential exercise bike or a bike that has the moving handle bars for an all round workout.

I think i would get along better with a conventional exercise, but i don't want to waste money on something that won't do the job.

any views would be great

regards
Paul

It all depends on what kind of money you are looking to spend. The Schwinn AirDyne gives a wonderful workout, but it is not weight bearing. Try an elliptical and see if you like it. If not I have found that nothing (other than a good elliptical) can compare to the Air Dyne.

Back