Eating 1500 calories a day no loss for a month (need help losing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

soodthedude

Hello! This is my first ever time posting here so please forgive me if I mess anything up. A little backstory I tried doing 1500 calories for a month and stayed at my current weight which is 193 as a 5 foot 8 male. 1500 calories is a caloric deficit for me and in theory I should have lost some weight (I was not exercising at this time). My friends have suggested to me to keep 1500 cals if I want and to do 30 min of cardio everyday (treadmill is easiest for me as I have one in my basement) and that would help do the trick. I have been doing this averaging about 260 cals burned every session. I am also now doing 16-8 intermittent fasting also eating at 12pm-8pm. I also eat on campus but at restaurants such as Panda Express and Subway so I know my calorie count is accurate as I put whatever I eat into MFP. Would this exercise be the kicker or am I just being too impatient?

if you only reduce your calorie intake and do not reduce your insulin to glucagon ratio (food constantly available, regardless of the volume, will keep your insulin level high, especially with carbohydrates/ sugars) your body will adapt to the lower calorie count and simply lower your metabolism. this is the problem with eat less - move more diets. in the long term, they will fail. take some time and listen to Jason Fung explain it better than i can...

Dr. Jason Fung - Solving the Two-Compartment Problem

Would I need to reduce my carb intake? How many grams should I eat everyday? Seems like everything has so many
if you only reduce your calorie intake and do not reduce your insulin to glucagon ratio (food constantly available, regardless of the volume, will keep your insulin level high, especially with carbohydrates/ sugars) your body will adapt to the lower calorie count and simply lower your metabolism. this is the problem with eat less - move more diets. in the long term, they will fail. take some time and listen to Jason Fung explain it better than i can...

Dr. Jason Fung - Solving the Two-Compartment Problem

Would I need to reduce my carb intake? How many grams should I eat everyday? Seems like everything has so many
as i have said in posts many times before... it is just as important WHEN you eat as much as WHAT and HOW MUCH you eat. of course it might have been a fluke that after trying different methods of dieting and exercising for well over a year, it wasn't until i got smarter about nutrition, digestion and how the body's metabolism works that i started and continue to be successful. YouTube is full of lectures... if you watch the Jason Fung talk, you should see many more backing his information. it's easy to pick up and quickly ignore the people who are simply out to sell you a program.

is there any place I can easily go to figure out my macros? how many grams of carbs, proteins and fats I need to eat daily?
and, btw... yes. there are three basic macronutrients (= where calories come from).... carbs, protein & fat. if you learn one thing, make sure that is ... all calories ARE NOT the same.

Hello! This is my first ever time posting here so please forgive me if I mess anything up. A little backstory I tried doing 1500 calories for a month and stayed at my current weight which is 193 as a 5 foot 8 male. 1500 calories is a caloric deficit for me and in theory I should have lost some weight (I was not exercising at this time). My friends have suggested to me to keep 1500 cals if I want and to do 30 min of cardio everyday (treadmill is easiest for me as I have one in my basement) and that would help do the trick. I have been doing this averaging about 260 cals burned every session. I am also now doing 16-8 intermittent fasting also eating at 12pm-8pm. I also eat on campus but at restaurants such as Panda Express and Subway so I know my calorie count is accurate as I put whatever I eat into MFP. Would this exercise be the kicker or am I just being too impatient?

You have body fat to burn, you can feel great fasted as long as you keep your potassium and sodium levels up during the day. An easy way to improve what you are already doing would be:

1 meal a day - 23 hours fasted , 1 hour eating window.
In that meal do 800 calories, 20g carbs or less (your body will fuel you)
no cheat days.

You can even take this much further, if you want to lose 10-40 lbs a month then there is something better to do.

However, the thing I wrote above will help. Your eating window needs to be tight (1 hour), low carb, and cut your calories for now.

Once you get down to your ideal body weight, then you would need to have more carbs per day, etc. But lets focus on one step at a time.

I have done a lot of experimentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back