Does anyone know...

Sorry but I cannot find a post I stumbled across about a website that you can store nutritional data about the food you eat. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

fitday.com?

or calorieking.com?

I still have to check it out to see if I will like it. I will either do that or keep track myself with an Excel spreadsheet.

yea, i didnt care for it but alot of ppl do use it and like it. my mead 5x7 notebook does me fine :D

let me know

BTW Abear what do you eat for a lot of protein? The other night I tried a Top Round steak, should be about 100 grams...tasted pretty bland though. Next week I will be having chicken breasts for lunch pretty much everyday so I shouldn't need as much for dinner. Just wondering.

lets see, i lift in the morning before work so i have a whey protein shake with 23 grams of protein. for breakfast i have a pancake i make from oats, eggs, splenda and cinammon then drink a cup of milk so thats 40 grams there.

9am break is 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with some walnuts making 20 grams.

lunch is enough round steak or chicken for 30 grams.

2:30pm break is a protien shake for 25 grams.

5pm meal is enough turkey or fish for 30 grams and before bed is cottage cheese, natty pb and milk for 28 grams.

so thats 196 grams. just a rough idea. i've been on this meal plan for too long. i'm trying to switch things up and put in new stuff.

:)

Sorry for all the questions but can you also recommend a decent protein shake that isn't too expensive. And I guess I just never noticed turkey at the store besides the big thanksgiving ones. Do they sell it in breasts like chicken? And I like fish but have never cooked it and there are so many different kinds, can you point me to a resource or something?

karl78 said:
What is 'natty pb'?
short for "natural peanut butter". i rather the taste of this than the regular brands. ingredients are just peanuts and salt although its said that the commercial brands arent really that bad nutrition wise.

karl78 said:
Sorry for all the questions but can you also recommend a decent protein shake that isn't too expensive. And I guess I just never noticed turkey at the store besides the big thanksgiving ones. Do they sell it in breasts like chicken? And I like fish but have never cooked it and there are so many different kinds, can you point me to a resource or something?
you can find 5lb containers of whey protein online for around $25.00 dollars. i just ordered this one from muscleshoppe.com

87 servings for $24.12. i use one a day so it'll last me almost 3 months

at the grocery store over here they have turkey breasts, burgers and ground turkey to make your own burgers. watch the fat content to make a good choice

for fish i really just stick with salmon mainly because its a source of good fat and protein. i do about 4-5 ounces seasoned with cajun seasonings on the indoor grill. in fact thats what i'm doing in about 90 minutes. :p

abear said:
short for "natural peanut butter". i rather the taste of this than the regular brands. ingredients are just peanuts and salt although its said that the commercial brands arent really that bad nutrition wise.

I use the "simply Jif"....low sodium..33% less sugar. 2 tbspn serving has 2g sugar...8g protien....

priced reasonably....not sure how it compares to the "natural peanut butters"...??

Z, in Lafayette...

i just got home from spending the day in lafayette. LOL

yea, its said that jif and others like that arent so bad as some say it is.

I eat the Smuckers All Natural, I like it a lot, no need to switch back. I feel so much better eating clean now.

Back