Doctor prescribed me DHEA

I noticed I was putting on muscle very slowly, and putting on flubber pretty fast, so I went in for a checkup, had some blood drawn and surely enough I had low testosterone levels. so my Doctor prescribed some DHEA supplements. I have no idea what the hell that is, I'm also worried it will give me acne. Can anyone shine some light on this?:confused:(would've asked the doc, but I did'nt want to kep her and the 50 ppl waiting busy).
She wants me to take 100mg twice daily, for a month or two, and try and notice any changes in energy level, libido, and muscle growth accompanied by fat loss.
If I don't see any increase, I'm going to be getting a shot in the butt(literally).:eek:

No, they have topical gels and patches.

DHEA is VERY mild, so pay close attention to your levels.. It's hit or miss with people.

Last edited:
Two years ago took the King on anti acne medications Accutane(Roaccutane in the UK).
While it did kill off my acne, it put a lot of stress on my thyroid gland.
And now I'm paying the price, doctor thinks it's just temporary(until I completely stop pueberty).

If she/he thinks it's temporary I highly doubt they would put you on exogenous test... That would just shut down your HPTA further.

Have you ever had blunt trauma to the baby boys?

Nope. She even awkwardly checked them.
But I think your right about some of this, think I'll check with a second opinion.
I looked it up, the average dose for someone my age is 25mg, that's 4X!

Nope. She even awkwardly checked them.
But I think your right about some of this, think I'll check with a second opinion.
I looked it up, the average dose for someone my age is 25mg, that's 4X!

Avg. dose of DHEA? That's kinda.. eh. IMO I would wait until you're 21 or 22 and get more blood tests done, that way you don't mess your system up more.

DHEA is brain chemical ...a hormone.. related to nerves and brain fluid viscosity and so forth..

Drink more water and explore some zen meditations ( and feel free to use google to find qigong ), keep and improove your libido, save yourself the acne and get the same positive effects in a tailored dose all jiust for you.

cheers, good luck.

Blooming Lotus

Ask for a copy of the blood test, to bring to your next doc. And you can post them here and I'll tell you what each one means.

Hey Mreik, saw the second opinion doctor. This one seemed a lot more into what he was doing, with a lot more time to sit down and answer my questions. He wanted me make sure I was doing weight lifting.
He took me down to 50mg 2 times daily of DHEA, and suggested I take something else with pro-tesosterone benefits. So I picked up a bottle of Xtest by Xyience, he said that'd be fine.
Also grabbed my lab results. I'll copy the paper down.

DHEA 176 -
DHEA-S 188 =
Testosterone AB1 94 -
Coritsol N/A X
Insulin(T) N/A X
17-OH Progesterone AB4 110 =
PTH Receptor 231 +
TSH ab1,ab2,ab3 126/130 =

I do hate Blooming Lotus sometimes.
I know that nobody will take her seriously but just to clear things up...
Qi gong will do nothing for your testosterone levels, I dont even know where she would get such a stupid idea from.

its depends

Back