creatine, again, worth the $£?

This creatine is now £30 down the road. Should I bother?

- Does it really make much difference?

- Do you have to be really pushing it for it to even help a bit?

- Isn't £65 ($115) alot to pay?

I got to admit I'm very skeptical and being tight I want to be sure.

- has anyone here experienced it first hand to make a difference?

jago25_98, how long have you been training and what kind of results have you seen?

personally, i've been using creatine since 1995. i respond very well to it. some ppl get bloated from it, not me. what creatine does for me is allow me to get those 2 - 4 extra reps at the end of a very intense work set. whereas i might get say maybe 6 reps, i can do 8 or sometimes 10. combined with proper training, nutrition and rest/recovery, it goes a long way.

the reason i use creatine is because it works for me and its not some illegal or chemical substance. its found naturally in red meat, but to get enough of it from red meat you'd have to eat a ton and you'd get alot of saturated fat with that creatine. powered creatine is cheap and effective and simple to take.

i buy 1000 gram containers for roughly $20 USD. i take 5 grams a day. so one container lasts me 200 days, almost a year.

if you havent seen it, heres an article i cut and pasted here:

http://training.fitness.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1048&highlight=creatine

Hope I'm not a non-responder....

I've just bought 5 years worth of the stuff! (5000mg)

I actually eat a lot of tuna already which contains creatine. Will be interesting to see how I respond. I guess I can sell what I don't use.

- It seems it's actually about recovery - so you can train harder hopefully.

- better not swim in case of cramps to start off with

I should probably do more aerobic to monitor if things are getting to heavy

you have the experience to tell if it's doing anything for you

Back