Cooking Pictures

Emerald1

Let's share pictures of foods we've prepared ourselves or even foods from places that we visited ^_^
List ingredients if you want.

~I'll just use the pics of food that I post on my blog

Homemade Crab Cakes with Cauliflower Potato Salad

Yes... I made it look all fancy ^_^ lol

Homemade Crab Cakes- were cooked in a small amount of olive oil. Not deep fried
Cauliflower Potato salad - usual potato salad ingredients except everything is fat free or low fat and it's cauliflower instead of potatoes
1tbs homemade sauce drizzled on crab cakes (non-fat)

400kCal

Last edited:
Picture one: low calorie pizza. I can't remember the exact calorie count, but it is a Weight Watchers wholewheat pitta bread with tomato puree double concentrate on top, with onion, fresh basil, sundried tomato, olive, lean ham, mushroom and reduced fat cheddar cheese (may have been other things, can't remember). Based roughly on this: I also made a few for my boyfriend based on BBQ chicken and bacon pizzas (BBQ sauce, chicken breast, lean ham, onion, mushroom, reduced fat cheddar cheese). I think mine was under 400 calories and my boyfriend's, if not under 400, was certainly under 500. They're small but loaded up and quite filling (and great for a pizza craving).

Picture 2: based on this I made this in individual batches because apparently pork doesn't particularly take well to being used as leftovers. Basically just followed the instructions on the recipe but added the (partially steamed) veg at the end. Also added a single serve of roast potatoes, based on (great for chip cravings). Pinching from where I originally posted about this:

Excluding the vegetables they suggest (I always do something different from their suggestions), and adapted for one (as pork isn't really good for leftovers apparently), 355 calories (6g olive oil, 120g pork loin cutlet- rind removed- 99g gala apple, 5g brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon). I served with roast potato (188g potato with skin, 10g olive oil- I overpoured, it was meant to be 6- half a teaspoon of dried thyme, half a teaspoon of dried rosemary, and a gram- again, an overpour- of salt), which came out at just over 200 calories, and steamed carrot (125g, 51 calories) and zucchini (zucchini= courgette; 222g, 37 calories).

Picture 3: what I've been having for my lunches for the past week. I left out the coriander (don't like it), and have been serving with ~200g boiled potato, but it's a very filling lunch (and works very well as leftovers, in fact, seems to get better as leftovers). As I made it, 228 calories/ serve (227.9 to be precise).

Mother Hen Lunch

Here is one I made. It's a mother hen on her nest. Oh... and a side salad.
It was a lunch for my husband to take to work one day. I was feeling creative...

Mother Hen was made out of 1 egg, carrot pieces for hen details and black sesame seed eyes.
Spaghetti Nest ^_^
Spinach Salad with olives and tomato slices.

This was lunch today. I need to use up perishable stuff in my fridge as I leave the country tomorrow. It's three tomatoes, two carrots, two zucchini, all steamed, with scrambled egg (two eggs, about 40ml of milk, a gram of pepper, and 28g reduced fat mature cheddar cheese). Higher calorie than I'd like for lunch (506 calories) but incredibly filling.

This is what I often do if I'm hungry- supplement my higher calorie food with steamed vegetables, as they're bulky and have very few calories.

Wow, I just saw this thread. The next time I make something fancy, I'll have to share a picture. Keep it up, guys. Good work!!! :)

I made a tofu scramble which was super yummy.

I used turmeric to make it yellow ^_^

Firm Tofu
Onion Powder
Turmeric
Green Onions
1 tsp Liquid Aminos or Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce (optional)

36fdbb7e51cbcf264312b5a6eeee5750.jpg

my homemade egg McMuffin thing.
recipe: here

all these pictures look so yummy!! :0 I want!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Back