clean eating diet not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

musing

Hey all,

So I have known a lot of people who have trimmed down quite a bit by eating gluten free, and sugar free. I however am experiencing the opposite.

I tried not eating bread, dairy, rices, grains, anything like that, to no avail. Now I am on high protein, Lots of egg whites, leafy greens, tofu, cottage cheese, low sugar fruits, no condiments etc.

my meals for a day look like this:

5 egg whites with onions tomato and mushroom

1/2 cup cooked grain cereal (flax, sunflower seed, millet, oats) with blueberries

apple

1 cup cottage cheese with a tomato

apple

homemade soup (lentil, lots of veggies and leafy greens, broccoli, peas.. etc)

eggs and swiss chard

but I feel like these are failing me, it is upsetting to step on the scale and be the same weight (after 4 weeks), not allowing myself anything processed (except tofu and rice cakes) I kind of feel like what is the point. Why am I not losing anything?

I know it sounds crazy but you need to be eating more, especially if you are exercising! Clean eating isn't just about getting rid of processed foods and refined sugars. You have the right idea about eating frequently, but from what you listed it's not nearly enough. A typical eating clean diet designed for weight loss may look like this:

Meal 1: Lean Protein
Complex Carb (Fruit or veggie)
Healthy Fat

Meal 2: Lean Protein
Healthy Fat

Meal 3: Lean Protein
Complex Carb (Starch)

Meal 4: Lean Protein
Complex carb (Fruit or veggie)
Healthy Fat

Meal 5: Lean Protein
Complex carb (veggie)

When you have the fruit/veggie option for your complex carbs I would stick w mainly veggies and stick to one or two servings of fruit a day, and try to eat the fruits by lunch. Hope this helps. Keep going, you can do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back