Choosing to gain weight or lose bodyfat?

I have read a few times people say that you need to choose to either lose bodyfat, or gain weight - but you can't do both at the same time.
So, my problem is, I am too skinny, although I want to see my abs. From what I gather, I am supposed to firstly gain a bit of weight (plus bodyfat), and then when I'm comfortable with my weight, reduce my bodyfat - correct?
To gain weight, what foods should I be eating? High carb foods? High protein? Am I meant to do weights or some sort of exercise along with gaining weight? And then when I'm comfortable with my weight, I can lower the carbs and whatever else to see my abs?

Gaining weight: muscle mass, you need alot of protein, 1g to ever lb of ur bodyweight. You want slightly less carbs, and very little fat as it comes in some of ur protein rich food anyway.

I already eat a lot of protein, but do you mean that to gain weight I will need to be eating even more protein? I eat very little carbs as it is - should I increase these when I want to gain weight?

This is my eating plan, what i eat

8am: oatbran small bowl with water and protein shake

10am: 2 egg white omlete with onions and tuna

12pm: veg + fish (small portion) and another shake

2pm: more veg+meat etc (small portion)

4pm: a carrot/ tomato

6pm: 2 egg white omlette

all are small portions...

Coffee with sweetner for cravings

Exe,

You want to consume fats as they are precursors to testosterone. Just obviously don't overdo it and consume 50% of your total calories from fat.

each meal should have protein in it (4PM)

what time do you go to bed after your 6pm meal?

for sure you need some good fats in there. some choices are natural peanut butter, nuts, flax seed, olive oil, etc

heres a good article on fats

abear said:
each meal should have protein in it (4PM)

what time do you go to bed after your 6pm meal?

for sure you need some good fats in there. some choices are natural peanut butter, nuts, flax seed, olive oil, etc

heres a good article on fats

Go to bed around, umm, 11pm-12.00. I forgot to add, I have olive oil. I cook omlettes, meat, veg etc in olive oil. Also I will have nuts now and then (excluding peanuts). I can easily fix the 4pm meal.

good job

if you have a meal at 6pm and go to bed at roughly 11pm, throw another meal in there. something simple

for instance i do some cottage cheese then have a serving of natty pb. something to sustain me throught the night

Back