Canadian looking for a weight loss buddy or group...any takers??

Status
Not open for further replies.

madjak30

I've already started a personal weight loss thread...but I thought it might make it more fun if we shared our experiences and encouraged each other to keep going...

I've just started getting healthy...my starting point (or heavy point) was back in July. I didn't know it, but that's when I started losing weight...I was 277lbs...I'm 5'11 and my ideal weight is between 170lbs & 195lbs...so you can see that I have a long way to go...

In September I noticed that my clothing was getting loose (worried me, because I wasn't doing anything to lose weight)...I was starting to get pretty thirsty (drinking 3-4 liters of water)...so I went to the doctor...long story short, I have type II diabetes...I didn't know it ran in the family...on both sides...so in late October I started on medication and heading down the road to healthy living...as of my last weigh in I'm down to 250lbs...I want to lose 50 more by summer...should be realistic, I hope...

Anyway, I hope there are a few others that will join me...until then, I will keep updating my other thread http://weight-loss.fitness.com/t/52449/coping-with-type-ii-madjaks-road-to-health-thread

Later.

Hey I know of some really good weight loss stuff that is supposed to be good for people with Diabetes. It's good for a bunch of stuff, I can give you an e-mail address if you are interested. I lost weight on it pretty quickly but had to take it easy because I am a nursing mom. But 15lbs in just over a month and a half is pretty good!! Good luck! :)

Thanks for the tips...things have progress quite well for me with a healthy diet and starting regular exercise...I was 250lbs when I made the original post and as of last Sunday I weigh in at 230.2lbs...I'm building muscle and I have gone down two pant sizes...

My basic plan is...calculate your RDI (recommended daily intake) calories for your goal weight and don't go over that...then add in exercise and eat healthy...that's it...I seem to be losing approx 2lbs per week, so I'm pretty happy with that...

I hope you have success as well!!

Later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back