Calories burned on eliptical machine?

I have a used eliptical machine that didnt come with a book and cant figure out the modes that it has for diffrent things, Ive figured out the time counter but im not sure which one the calorie counter is, I work out on it for an hour at a good pace and today one of the numbers was around 3000 something im not sure if its the calories or not though is it possible to burn that many on it? Ive searched google and cant find a eliptical calorie calculator anywhere.

usually an hour on a cardio machine will burn anywhere from 400-800 (depending on intensity) calories, 3000 seems a little high..

Thanks mreik, Why is it that they tell you that you half to burn more calories then you consume to loose fat? If you eat 2600 - 2800 calories a day isnt that a bit to much to burn and continue working out after an hour of cardio a day?

remember you're always burning calories. every action of the body requires energy. that includes the heart pumping, breathing, eating, digesting, eyes blinking. and of course sitting, walking, writing, everything.

and thats including exercise ;)

yup, tapping your leg to music, tapping your fingers on the desk. its what i do when im just sitting around, especially at school.

You have to remember that a 200 pound person just doing nothing but sleeping will burn close to 100 calories an hour. So times that by 24 hours and that person will need approx. 2400 calories just to sustain his weight. Good luck and God Bless. :)

Back