c-section

qtncali

I'm having problems losing the fat around the area of my c-section scar. Is there a exercise that I can do to help work within that area.

sorry ... not really. You can't spot reduce. You must lose weight according to the same rules as how you gain weight (only in reverse).

haha, well allcdnboy, theres only one way to spot reduce and it's called surgery.

So if you want to reduce the fat there, I guess that's the only way without losing fat in other areas of your body.

Yeah.. but who needs another scar to match another scar...I am two timer when it comes to csections & I have had an open gallbladder surgery (huge honkin scar)
I have reduced my calories, I do cardio & I do 140 crunches 5xs a week..I also do these exercises where you lay on your back and you hold a small ball (dont have to use a ball) on your tops of your feet..and you rock your feet down towards the ground keeping your stomach muscles tight & back tight..and then bring your knees towards your chest..I also do about 20 of those w/my crunches each nite... and i have seen a difference

I was very active during my second pregnancy and lost weight so quickly that my skin didn't retract, and I had that big flap hanging over my c-section scar (actually made it difficult to heal, but I guess that's TMI. Oh well).

Since then I've filled that flap back up with fat, but I know as soon as I get my weight down that bit of belly will always be there (even when I was thin, I always had a little belly). It's the curse of motherhood (offset by many benefits of course) that most women's bellies are ruined I think by pregnancy.

Ab exercises won't make the flab go away, but it will be firmer and toner in the area underneath the flab, so that's got to help some.

Honestly, I never thought I'd go for surgery, but since I have the c-sect scar now anyway, that's my present to myself once I get down to my goal weight -- get a mini tummy tuck and cut that extra skin away. I'll have them cut along the current scar, cut a couple of inches of skin off, pull the skin down and sew it back up. Plan to get my abs in shape first. May or may not need lipo. In a mini tuck, the belly button isn't repositioned and ab muscles are left alone plus recovery time is quicker. Here's a good description of it:

Sorry, you probably weren't looking for such an extreme option.

I do have one of those big rubbery balls you can lay over on your back and use to do various sit ups (and other exercises) with and without weights. An instruction sheet came with it, but didn't have many ab exercises. I plan to look up some ab exercises online. I use it mostly to stretch my back and shoulders out (used to carry much tension there), but it also feels good to stretch out abdominals on the ball.

oh........

yea, I had a c-section too on my second child. So is that why it seems hard to lose the fat there?Plus I have some stretch marks by my bellybutton and it looks like cottage cheese. So, sit ups is the answer?

I do crunches for all different ab muscles every other day...and reducing cal & cardio..its starting to show..but it is a slow process

i think women in general especially after having kids tend to retain weight(or fat) around the waist and butt hips ( for me anyways lol)
in a sense no...sit ups are not the only answer diet is very important too and cardio, as far as stretch marks go not to much out there yet to help with those, some creams(maderma i think)lasers too, ask your dr or dermatologist they can recomend some stuff.

I think if I was to lose the weight I want around my waist, then my maks wont be visible. I dont show my stomach anyways. But I want to feel and look sexy. i am still young and I have only 20lbs till I am satisfied with it. I tried Ti-Bo (sp) and omigod, I felt good but at home mom 2 kids plus house work. there was no way I wanted to spend my "quiet time" punching and kicking.

Quiet time??? What is that?? I am a work-at-home mom with a child in 1st grade and one that is 4 who is at home with me and I NEVER have quiet time. How do you find the time?? My husband travels with his job and is gone for 4 days a week and it seems that even on the weekend when he is at home there still isn't any quiet time. Oh how I wish....

my quiet time is as soon as my man leaves for work, daughter still sleeping, I start my Tae Bo. Billy Blanks should whip you into some good cardio for the day! You'll feel stronger, heltheir and ready to take on a day with the kids and house!
Of course first theres getting your butt outta bed! ;)

Im with Jennylynn here I have no quiet time not with 4 little girls. Im not complaining...much anyway. I had 3 natural births and then for my last I had to have a csection and I dont know if my tummy will ever be the same again. I think diet is the key first. Need to lose all the cottage cheese I have before I can tone it down. I have tried that Tae Bo in fact I have it...just need to dust it off. I about died when I tried it before but its great excercise. Honestly if that cant get someone into shape nothing can.

Back