Broad Shoulders

HI...this is my first time posting on here, and I was wondering if anyone knew any exercises that will reduce broad shoulders and chest. I'm a 19 year old female, and my shoulders are extremely wide. I know part of this is genetic (my dad is built the same way) but i am losing weight everywhere but my upper body. The more weights i lift, the broader my shoulders and chest get....any ideas?? Thanks!:confused:

Squat and build up your legs and hips to help balance it out. I bet there are a lot of women out there who would give anything to have your problem!

dswithers is correct......I WISH I had your problem!!! I have very scrawny shoulders. I lift and lift and am increasing weight with my shoulder exercises, but because I have a small bone structure there isn't a whole lot that can be done. I have to work at leaning out my legs and hips to help balance everything out. It seems to be working (kinda sorta), but it's a lot of work!!!!

Best of luck to you!

I love broad shoulders. I'm inclined to go along with low weights and lots of reps. Rip what you have and be proud!!!!

Hi,
I have exact same problem. The best way to lean out it to do LOTS of cardio and focus on lifting in your lower body to balance your shape out.
Thanks,
ptdirect

Back