Biking HIIT

You can do this I assume by just doing like 12 mph for 2 mins, then as fast as you can for 5, then 2 min slow again?
Thoughts?

I would assume you would get more out of it if you used a Mountain bike (more work on the road)

i do mine on a stationary bike. when you pedal, the handles also go back and forth, i dont know how to refer to that called. i've been having it for over 15-20 years, it sounds like its gonna fall apart when i do my HIIT on it. haha

normal even pace for me on it registers roughly 16mph. going hard is 22-23mph. doing HIIT is 27-28mph. again all numbers are for this ancient bike. right now i'm doing 4 minutes with 30 second intervals and that is very rough.

but thats what HIIT is, so intense you dont need to do it for a long peroid of time. i never do more than 10 minutes. :)

In cycling classes

we do a resistance that is a hard push - like 6 or 7 on a scale of 1 to 10. Start with a steady pace then try to double it. 20 seconds on, 20 seconds at your original pace - don't reduce the tension. This should leave you pretty wiped in a short period of time.

HIIT is super varied, there is no one way
tabats is so far the most hard of the lot, but also the most effective
its a simple 100% effeort for 20 seconds with a 10 second rest done 6 to 9 times or failure (passing out) lol

hiit

RegimenX said:
HIIT is super varied, there is no one way
tabats is so far the most hard of the lot, but also the most effective
its a simple 100% effeort for 20 seconds with a 10 second rest done 6 to 9 times or failure (passing out) lol

I tried it this morning at 7:30am, but 30 seconds on 30 seconds off. for a total of 7 minutes. At 12:pm I felt I was still rollin' ;). This is an awesome cardio work-out.

Back