biceps ...PLEASE help

R

retired_tenkst

before i was doing barbell curls 8 reps and dumbell curls for my biceps becoz i realy want them to get bigger in muscle mass

however im only 15yo and have been told by my doctor if i lift to heavy weights ill stunt growth,,,
so now im going to do bicep excrcies but with reps of around 10-15...this sets another problem...will i beable to get bigger muscles even tho ill be doing light weights?

feedback plz

put the weights down and start doing chins and dips

chins and dips?? they wont get you big biceps in a hurry.

But do listen to your doctor - Im sure youd rather have big muscles when you are 18, than to rush it now and injure yourself.

who said anything about being in a hurry? :)

chins and dips not only work your arms, but your chest, shoulders and back. perfect exercises for his age or any age.

build the muscle first, then worry about peaked biceps and horseshoe triceps.

yea i do 2x 10chinups and 2x10dips
is that good?

whats wrong with just plain biceps curls and weights?

thats great. most ppl cant do that many.

there's wrong with curls. my point was that you'll get more out of chins and dips because it works so much more than just the arms. :)

I dont know how true that is about stunting your growth, my doctor told me that to when I was 13 but I didnt listen, now I am 16, weight 175lbs and can bench press 270lbs, I have been pushing my body ever since the seventh grade and I havnt stunted my growth, and my height is only 5 feet five inches I am very short lol

Biceps need full range preacher curls - that's right, all the way down until the elbows are practically locked - unlike most people do. Chins are definately a good warm-up exercise when done correctly - I suggest putting the hands together (touching one another) and you must go all the way down to reap the full benefits of the exercise.

It's an old wives tale that lifting weights will be detrimental to your growth. Also whats the go with wanting big biceps? Don't you see that two thirds of your upperarm is tricep? Your bicep is a small muscle and you can easily overtrain it, most professionals will tell you no more than 6-8 sets for your biceps because they are so small, you can do about 12 sets for your tris because they are bigger. To add 1 inch to your arms you will need to put on at least 1 pound of weight to the arm, and to put 1 pound on to the arm you will need to add about 10 pounds to the rest of your body. body building is all about keeping things in proportion. If you had 18" arms and a 38" chest people would laugh.

Back