Balloon - my question

katt30

I consider undergoing intragastric balloon implantation. I have eating fits when I am stressed. I have got also hormonal problems. I have talked with the doctor. He said that, all in all, the intragastric balloon would be the best solution for me. But this treatment is damn expensive. I have been thinking of leaving for Poland or Czech Republic because the treatment is cheaper there. Has anyone ever been on such trip? The waiting period is short there. Please, give me some advice. I don’t want to be fat anymore. I want to undergo the treatment, but I am afraid of it.

-Kate

Hi Kate.

I don't know a whole lot about the balloon, but I really noticed this comment in your post: I have eating fits when I am stressed.

Getting a balloon put in is not going to stop those eating fits. It just means that if you do give into an eating fit, you're going to wind up damaging your body. A reputable surgeon/doctor won't allow you to have any kind of gastric surgery or implant until you understand and are able to control your eating.

You said you badly want to lose weight - why not join us in the main forum area and learn how to develop healthy eating and exercise habits? :)

I'll tell you one thing, getting regular exercise in my life has really helped with stress for me. I used to be the stress queen and would eat non-stop, but now I take out my stress and aggression in the gym and I'm much healthier for it. :)

Back