Attention all members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korrie

Calling ALL users of the weightloss forum!!

Hey guys, we all need to step up and do a better job of welcoming the newbies. Theres nothing worse than joining a forum and not getting any responces.

Please dont' label this as "the mod's job" as ww and rnw are not around too much lately.

So, let do this people, lets start making the newbies feel welcome :)

No More One Way Streets!

Hey NewBride!

I agree too. The Newbies need to be welcomed!

I also just wanted to say that it really helps if the newbies could help build their support relationships by posting in other member threads and diary's.

So many times I've welcomed newbies and posted in their threads and they never gave any support back or posted in my thread. Or I post in their thread and they don't even acknowledge or thank anyone for taking a moment. It's not our obligation, but we do it because we are caring people who genuinely want to help each other. It's a two way street!

So my advice is, if you are a newbie and you really need support, be sure to give some too!

It takes a little while to build friendships here just like anywhere else, so just give it some time and stick with it. So many newbies join and drop out so fast that it makes it hard to want to invest much time welcoming everyone. Show us that you are here to stay for a while and ready to make an effort.

I always make a point to respond to those who post in my threads.

Can I get a "Hear, Hear"? lol

HEAR HEAR!! lol

That goes for everyone really. If you want alot of support, you have to give it.

Hey Korrie! Just wanted to say that this might be noticed more if you put it in the "news" section. Not a lot of us regular users think to look in the newcomer section often. :eek:

I agree with Miss J. And also, there are so many regular posters that sometimes it is hard to keep up with everyone. By the time we get around to the ones we know, we just sometimes don't have time to start reading a diary of someone we don't know. I guess that is where them posting in our diaries would help. Like Miss J, I always look for the diaries of someone who has taken the time to stop by mine.

That being said, I will try to remember more often to come by and welcome the newbies. You are right, it shouldn't just fall on the mods! :D

thanks everyone! yes, mods have lives too! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back