archilles tendon

ok i don tknow if i have the spelling right but i am really puzzled. I simply woke up today and this tendon is killing me...i got into the shower and i was crying because just walking on it hurt so much. All day i have been limping around and trying to put ice on it and keep it elevated but i really dont know what i did to hurt it. last night i was fine and now this morning i woke up and cant walk!!!!

Make sure you dont do anything on it before going to the doctor once they tighten up they can snap just like that. I ruptured mine when I went into a soocer match feeling like you are.

See a doctor is probably the best thing to do.

I had something similar not so long ago. I literally couldn't walk on my right foot. I don't know what happened or why it happened, but something was definitely up.

I didn't put any weight on it for two days and I also used a foot/ankle support - it seemed to do the trick and luckily the pain passed altogether within a few days. However, had it not improved within the space of a few days I would definitely had gone to the hospital (they have a drop-in centre for minor injuries etc).

Don't take any risks and just rest your foot!

Back