Any1 know anything bout mental problems?

Hey there

Does any1 have any info on mental problems as i know someone who could have one and they have become very uncomfitable to be around as they can get very angry and they shout and scream a lot usually about i load of rubbish but its hurtful

Jackie x

You might need to be more specific about the symptoms. I had neighbours once who fitted that description perfectly but they weren't mentaly ill, they were just a bit common.

A psychologist or psychiatrist could help but if the person is unwilling to see him and does not pose a threat to himself or others, it may be difficult to get the person to see the professional.

actually there are a lot of different type of mental illnesses so we can never really tell which is which unless that person is diagnosed by professional.

No doctor would ever diagnose a third party, not even face to face so no one here can diagnose on the forum!

I have many years of various experiences with mental health from various people and myself. Its such a wide are and the "norm" is so set in stone as being "perfect" that it would be deemed possible everyone has a mental health problem and OP, maybe your wanting to lable someone as far as to post their issue online could even buy a name for yourself! Most people let sleeping dogs lie...

If your worried about a friend, talk to them, if they are stressed about something (just because you don't see the stress does not mean there is no stress: its how we look at things that makes us stressed.) If they want to talk to you, listen, don't judge, be a mate and just be there to hold his/her hand. If he/she doesn't want to talk to you then you need to let them do their own thing. If you feel they need help, say something to them, if they do not believe they want or need any help then unfortunetly you cannot do anything other then watch them metaphoricly bash their head against the wall until they realise that there could be a better way to process things.

Just being there is all you can do if you want to be a good friend.

No doctor would ever diagnose a third party, not even face to face so no one here can diagnose on the forum!

I have many years of various experiences with mental health from various people and myself. Its such a wide are and the "norm" is so set in stone as being "perfect" that it would be deemed possible everyone has a mental health problem and OP, maybe your wanting to lable someone as far as to post their issue online could even buy a name for yourself! Most people let sleeping dogs lie...

If your worried about a friend, talk to them, if they are stressed about something (just because you don't see the stress does not mean there is no stress: its how we look at things that makes us stressed.) If they want to talk to you, listen, don't judge, be a mate and just be there to hold his/her hand. If he/she doesn't want to talk to you then you need to let them do their own thing. If you feel they need help, say something to them, if they do not believe they want or need any help then unfortunetly you cannot do anything other then watch them metaphoricly bash their head against the wall until they realise that there could be a better way to process things.

Just being there is all you can do if you want to be a good friend.

thank you for all your replys.

Yeah i think she is a schizophrenic.

They were living with us, but is no longer, they now have their own flat, with a doctor next door, I tried to see her a couple of weeks ago, but she didnt want to see me, so i just left, she will probably want to see me sometime in the future.

Thanks again for all your replys, yeah i agree with that i think everyone has a mental illness, but most are very small and dont really effect you badly.

Jackie xxxxxxx

If your concerned about a ally, converse to them, if they are worried about certain thing (just because you don't glimpse the tension does not signify there is no stress: its how we gaze at things that makes us stressed.)

Back