ankle strap attachment for Weider Total Body Works 5000...

Hi,
After reading the reviews, I just purchased the Weider TBW 5000.

Although my experience with this machine is less than a day, I must say this is an excellent machine for the price.

Anyways, I am looking for an ankle strap attachment for the leg exercises.

I am looking at these:

I realize i will need 2 of them so i guess i will need to spend about ~$12 plus shipping for the cheapest one.

I also looked at this and this one comes with two ankle straps, as well as two handles (treat the bands as extra LOL) for just a little more:

however, i am not sure if the ankle straps that come with the gofit are strong enough like the altus one.

Can you please recommend an ankle strap for this machine.

Once again thanks for the great reviews that really helped me in deciding to buy this machine.

Ankle Straps

Hi tmc,
I too recently purchased the Weider TBW 5000 (which is awesome). I went to the local Academy sporting goods store, and found (way in the back behind the knee braces and weight lifting straps) the Atlus ankle straps for only $6.99 each. I bought 2 and tried them out.

The large steel ring is ease to get on and off the carabiners and the straps themselves are a good quality thickly padded nylon, with a good amount of velcro. I can tighten them up, do a lot of reps, and they don't loosen or irritate.

I got sick of switching them on and off for the hand grips, so I just leave them on along with the grips in a tight roll.

I've looked through the EFI database of total gym workouts, and found that some of the inner/outer leg work requires the higher position pulley, which only the very expensive total gyms include. You can get around this by using the pull up bar as a high pulley, but you will need to wrap it in tape or something to prevent the cable from ripping up the soft neoprene covering the bar.

For hamstring and quads though, the normal position of the cables is fine.

Back