Active 17-year old, 5'7, 115 Lbs.

Hey everyone, this is my first post and I have a few questions about how I can gain a suitable amount of weight.

As perceived in the title, Im 17.

My normal meals include

For Breakfest.
1 bowl of Vector Kellogs cereal w/ 2% milk

For Lunch- A peanut butter and jelly sandwich. With 500ml of orange juice, an activist yogurt and possibly a banana.

For dinner- It varies, Sometimes Im working and its just so convenient that I go buy a mcdonalds Chicken and bacon wrap with a medium Fries and medium coke. Some days its actually food just depending what my mom cooks.

Now, Im very active. I am a kickboxer, a great one at it, Ive won tons of medals. I go there from 6:30-8:00 every Monday to Thursday. Its a pretty intense workout.

Now my question is, How can I gain about 20-30 lbs, to bulk up and have a little more energy. I've never been interested in the gym but now I want to bulk up and be able to fight more.

What foods she i stay away from? What should I eat? How many calories?
When should I work out? What should I work out?
What are the best workouts? Is there a site I can have it set up a schedule for what I should be doing?

Im new to this kind of thing, so any and all help will be great appreciated!

Training wise Goldfish has set up a good one for general gains
http://training.fitness.com/young-athlete-development/young-athlete-development-program-50627.html
Diet wise eat balance that suits you, yours looks fine, but more of it if you want to gain weight. Without surplus there can be no gains, but be careful not to gain 2 pounds of fat for every 1 of muscle.

Back