A Simple (and Badass) Fat Loss Program

Interesting workout and just the thing I am looking for. I am currently 30 years old and weighing 103Kg, looking to get down into the low 90's. To be honest I am not sure of my body fat percentage, I am 5 foot 10 but naturally a stocky muscular build but mostly concealed by 10 years of the good life!

I eat fairly healthy preparing meals from scratch and avoiding processed foods. For me it has been lack of exercise that I think has stopped me loosing the pounds, as well as both portion size and booze at weekends.

Bit of a health drive recently and although only a few Kg off on the scales feeling and looking much more in shape. I have been doing the mens health Spartacus Workout twice a week for the past few months and now started this regime here.

A few questions: Does training on consecutive days impact the regime significantly? And just out of interest why is it important to "keep recovery needs to a minimum"? Is this so the body is able to hit more weights and encourage muscle retention?

Because you're working the full body in each session of this program, and because of the intensity, training two days consecutively would likely mean impaired performance on the second day. There may also be some injury risks at hand.

As for recovery, what you've said is largely correct. On top of that, as your recovery needs elevate, your hormones do some unsavoury things that can inhibit your metabolic rate, thus you can end up increasing your exertion and activity levels without increasing the amount of energy expended each day.

Great post and some sound advice.
Would you have any suggestions for people suffering with back pain, and want to exercise to lose weight?
Thanks

Oh, that's a loaded topic. Your first step with back pain is to consult with a physiotherapist for treatment and guidelines on what is and isn't safe for you to do. You might be able to do everything in this program safely. You might need to substitute every exercise. You might be able to handle the heavy weights of this program. You might need to do everything much lighter. There's no quick answer there.

Once you've identified what you A) Can do; B) Can't do; and C) Need to do, there will need to be an emphasis on doing all your rehab training and on handling the bigger exercises in a way that's conducive to the health of your back. For example, a client I'm currently training with a history of crippling back pain does sumo deadlifts with me because it's easier to keep the back stable in that position compared to conventional deadlifts, and sumo deadlifts reduce sheer forces and torque through the spine, all of which means that it's safer this way. I also coach her in what is a fairly obscure technique for getting the glutes to take the load during rows, so that they support her lower back rather than leaving her erectors to take all the load.

A lot is also solved by being really strict in core activation during everything. Draw the lower abs in. Suck your genitals in, while you're at it (politer cues than this exist, but I don't like to beat around the bush) to sync your pelvic floor with your transverse abdominus, locking in the whole of the core.

I like this. I personally believe in low reps and higher weights, like about 4-6 reps. I do like that you focus on the basic exercises though.

Hello I have completed 22 round of sun and as I am growing for new generation my fat is also groing with me now I have a advice from a gym trainer he gave me some tips and convence me to join his gym I hope it will work on me.

Back