250lbs to 130-45lbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liam4593

Hello thank you for taking the time to read through this post. My name is Liam. I am currently 15 years old and weigh 250lbs. I have finally decided to take control of my health and weight. I would like to have some help with trying to lose weight. Mainly because I just have not been able to lose through exercise. I have through out the entirety of my life been over weight and now it has hit an extreme. So before I develop some kind of health problem I want to lose weight. My goal is that before I am 16 I want to reach 130-45lbs(the average weight of a 16 year old). I am currently obese with a BMI of 37.1 with no current health problems. I really want to start with losing weight through dieting first and foremost, and then move on to exercise. If anybody could help me try to lose this weight with a plan which could help me keep my weight off that would be magnanimous. Have a great day and thank you if you comment with something helpful. Will update as things arise*

hi Liam... good for you for acknowledging your condition and wanting to bring it under control. what would help determine your plan would be for you to describe a typical day of eating. also, being a teenager, i would assume you do not have total control over your nutrition as you likely still live with your parents(?) i might also suggest you do a little research and get yourself educated about how nutrition and digestion work. look at some TED talks on the topics of nutrition, adult onset diabetes, insulin and insulin resistance, ketone bodies & intermittent fasting. that should get you started. i could also suggest that you stop thinking about 130-145 for now. give yourself some smaller goals with a timeline that will be more encouraging.

.... I really want to start with losing weight through dieting first and foremost, and then move on to exercise. ...
some might disagree, but this is also a tenet of mine. exercise is a good adjunct to any lifestyle, but while exercise or rather just basic movement vs. being sedentary is something that should be a part of a healthy plan, your diet is what usually needs to be fixed and not just now and then like exercise.... it must be a permanent change. in time i hope you will come to realize like i did that food is just too available and most people overeat in general.

Hi Liam, Welcome to the forum. You might consider starting a new thread in the Diaries section and tell us more about yourself including your diet now and a little about your lifestyle.

At 15, you can absolutely reverse your weight and get to a healthy goal of between 130-145 lbs. It is more than 100 pounds from where you are now which will take some time. A year to two years is realistic. I would advise to just get your head wrapped around that. You will likely have to come to terms with it slowly. It's VERY commendable for you to come here and share about it. Great job on doing that. That's one of the hardest things to do for many people.

Diet is definitely critical for weight loss. Exercise can be too as an add-on. I used both to lose more than 140 pounds. I would try to start simply by becoming more active. You are young and likely have a high metabolism because of your age. Take advantage of that and get exercise in early in life now to build good, healthy habits. I would address just one thing with your diet too for now and then check in with yourself after a couple weeks. At that time, you might introduce another healthy change or give yourself more time to adjust. The point is to take it easy and slowly in the beginning. I wouldn't concern yourself with any complicated information right now. Just focus on the simple steps you have in front of you and that stuff will come later. Weight loss is not complicated at the end of the day but it is hard. There are people here who will offer their support along the way.

Hey, Liam! Good to meet you, and it'll be great to read your progress as you head on down to the weight you want to be! As everyone's said - you can surely do this, and the more easily, as Rob said, since you're young!
Another member here, Daniel, who's around your age, and started out a few months ago at around 220 pounds, has just posted cheerfully that he's made it down to where he wants to be ( https://weight-loss.fitness.com/threads/i-did-it-again.114895/#post-1083903 ) and if you follow all the tips posted above, you'll surely be next in line! Go, you!

First of all congrats... All you need is momentum. To begin with, try walking for 30 mins and a day and gradually increase. And also try Furit diet.

Try to pick fruits which will be helpful for u. link removed

i tried to eat just fruits for dinner. And had good results. Best Wishes

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello @Liam4593
That is really good you decided to come here.
Maybe you have your own strategy about how to lose weight? (if yes you can describe it)
It would be also great if you could describe your daily eating habits.
then we can give you some advice :)

Closing this thread as it attracts way too much spam :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back