2500 calories for 350lbs male. too little, too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

briantheawesome

Hello all! I'm a 5'11 male that weighs around 350, I have been using myfitnesspal and i have a few questions. it shows i should be eating around 2500 a day with out any form of cardio or weight training. I think that sounds about right, but when i input my normal work out for the day which is a 60 minute walk around 3MPH and 60 minutes on the bike going around 10-12 MPH on a hilly nature trail. after plucking in the numbers it shows i should be eating around 4000 calories a day, i feel like that is way to much so iv been sticking to 2500-2700. so my question is, is that too little or too much calories? I also plan on adding a little more each week, like starting some of the P90X work outs or just doing more cardio.

Hey Brian. I'm 5'11" as well and weighed about 350 around the third week of August (currently 322.5). I've been sticking pretty closely to a 2200 calorie a day diet. 2500 seems about right for more modest weight loss or more vigorous exercising than I'm doing.

But truth be told, everybody is different and your best bet is to try a level and monitor your weight for a month and then make small adjustments as needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back