15 year old, need arm muscle no weights

hey guys, made an account specifically for this reason. So i'm pro Weight lifting but my mom Refuses to let me go to the gym or buy weights even if I PAY for it. So i need help to get my skinny arms bigger cuz they're really just skin and bone. no Genetic bull**** please serious answers with good advice

Bump anything would be helpful

if you got any bars that can hold your weight chin ups are good for your biceps if you do enough of them, for triceps i would suggest diamond pushups, they are v hard though for undeveloped triceps so i would suggest starting on your knees until you get strong enough, hope this helped! :)

Just wondering, but why would your mother refuse to let you lift? As lazy as this world is becoming, any parent should encourage their kid to be into exercise and fitness.

Anyway, on to my answer, which is me assuming that you have access to "regular" back yard stuff...

Chin-ups on any bar that can support your weight and Bench dips on a chair. (Google "Bench Dip" if you don't know what that is)

You could do incline push-ups by simply putting your feet up on your bed while doing push-ups.

Tie a piece of rope through a cinder block and use that as a grip and curl those. You can really curl anything heavy that you can get a good grip on.

Some sort of heavy metal rod could be used to do skull crushers.

If you could get your hands on some 5 gallon buckets, you could fill them with sand, put the metal rod through the handles and do dead lifts with them.

You could do cleans and overhead presses with a bag of mulch.

There are also a ton of videos on YouTube about home made gym stuff. Good luck!

Just wondering, but why would your mother refuse to let you lift? As lazy as this world is becoming, any parent should encourage their kid to be into exercise and fitness.

Anyway, on to my answer, which is me assuming that you have access to "regular" back yard stuff...

Chin-ups on any bar that can support your weight and Bench dips on a chair. (Google "Bench Dip" if you don't know what that is)

You could do incline push-ups by simply putting your feet up on your bed while doing push-ups.

Tie a piece of rope through a cinder block and use that as a grip and curl those. You can really curl anything heavy that you can get a good grip on.

Some sort of heavy metal rod could be used to do skull crushers.

If you could get your hands on some 5 gallon buckets, you could fill them with sand, put the metal rod through the handles and do dead lifts with them.

You could do cleans and overhead presses with a bag of mulch.

There are also a ton of videos on YouTube about home made gym stuff. Good luck!
Yeah dude, my moms crazy as hell. Anyways near i live is this lil workout station for bench dips i could use that and i have been lately and im starting to the all other reccomended. Thanks for the advice

If you search on youtube for "Home workout" you can see a lot of good ones.

I'd go with many vaiations of push-ups. You will develop arms, shourlds and (obviously) chest. Look for 5 different push-up exercises and do 10 reps of each without stopping. This is just an example.

You can lift sugar "bags" , watter bottlers (the big ones) or Milk. Do arm curls with any of these. It will certainly burn! (in the beginning).

For triceps you can do Dips between 2 chairs. (make sure you are in a confortable position and do perfect form and speed so you don't smack yourself to the ground). :)

hey guys, made an account specifically for this reason. So i'm pro Weight lifting but my mom Refuses to let me go to the gym or buy weights even if I PAY for it. So i need help to get my skinny arms bigger cuz they're really just skin and bone. no Genetic bull**** please serious answers with good advice

Hey Consola,

If you still need help, I will echo what others are saying. The best things you can do around the house are going to be things like chin-ups. This may be hard to do though if you are not strong enough yet to do them. If that is the case, find heavy objects around your house and just start curling those, or go to the store to buy some dumbbells that you can use to at least start building some biceps (if your mom will allow this). I was exactly like you when I was in high school. I was over 6 feet tall and weighed 130 pounds.

My recommendations are as follows:

1. Chin-ups if at all possible. You can use a tree branch for this if you need to. If you are not strong enough to do them on your own, have someone hold your legs and help you as needed.

2. Dumbbell curls. Go buy a set of used dumbbells at a local sports store, if your mom will allow this. Even just having a set of these, you could really start to build your biceps without a gym membership.

3. If you cannot do either of the first two, find a decently heavy object around your house and just use that in place of a dumbbell to perform your curls.
I hope this helps you at least get started. Feel free to hit me up at Stephen@BicepsWorkouts.co. If you need help figuring out how to do different curls, you can use the free videos on my website. Pretty much any exercise performed with a dumbbell can just be replaced with a heavy object. Also, here is a video of how to perform chin-ups:

Stephen

Back