14 year old trying to build some muscle...help...

Hello, I'm 14 years old, and this may sound crazy, but I am 74 pounds exactly, and I am very skinny. I eat, drink and do all that like a normal 14 year old should be doing. I'm not very tall, I'm about 4'7, maybe less. I can run, and my legs are in shape, but I want to build some muscle in my arms. Is there any suggestions on what I should try?

Adding Muscle

There are 2 things you should focus on...

1) Make sure you are eating enough calories. Increase your calories to 2,000 per day but make sure they are clean (meat and veggies, not fast food or junk food).

2) Start Lifting. At home: push-ups with your arms by your sides, bicep curl gallons of milk, skullcrushers with a bag of dogfood.
Gym: Get a personal trainer to show you a bunch of lifts. Then work at it twice per week.

Make sure you do not over-train your arms. They need at least 2 days rest in-between workouts.

Hope that helps,

Coach Ty Austin

Hello, I'm 14 years old, and this may sound crazy, but I am 74 pounds exactly, and I am very skinny. I eat, drink and do all that like a normal 14 year old should be doing. I'm not very tall, I'm about 4'7, maybe less. I can run, and my legs are in shape, but I want to build some muscle in my arms. Is there any suggestions on what I should try?

There are 2 things you should focus on...

1) Make sure you are eating enough calories. Increase your calories to 2,000 per day but make sure they are clean (meat and veggies, not fast food or junk food).

2) Start Lifting. At home: push-ups with your arms by your sides, bicep curl gallons of milk, skullcrushers with a bag of dogfood.
Gym: Get a personal trainer to show you a bunch of lifts. Then work at it twice per week.

Make sure you do not over-train your arms. They need at least 2 days rest in-between workouts.

Hope that helps,

Coach Ty Austin

I agree! You even can use weight gainer supplements!

Back