Sport Calories

Sport Fitness
Hy guys.im male 15 . 77kilograms and 1.89m. Im doing 5-6 times/week tennis.i want to lose 4 kg until christmas...Can you tell me how many calories per day can i eat in order to lose 4 kilos until christmas?thanks

that's totally dependent on your body type and how hard you are actually playing tennis. Count your calories every day, weigh yourself first thing in the morning (after emptying your bladder). After a few days, if you haven't dropped any weight, decrease your calories slightly. Once you do, stick with that until you lose the 4 kg. Remember that you can easily go up or down 1kg / day without changing anything, so you need to average out over a few days.

calories are not as important as what foods you eat. cut out sugars (they are everywhere - be careful!). Reduce fats to only good ones, and reduce portions. To prevent muscle loss have small snacks between meals i.e handful of nuts. This may effect the rate of weight loss.

Oh, and only eat your small meals when you are hungry :)

Well, you've got 4 weeks to lose 4kg, which is 1kg/week, which is a 9,000kcal deficit per week, which averages almost 1,300kcal/day. That's not how many calories you have to eat each day, that's the size of the calorie deficit you need. That means, however many calories per day would have you maintaining weight, you need to be consuming 1,300/day less than that. So, if 2,500kcal/day would result in you maintaining your current bodyweight, you'd be consuming 1,200kcal/day (2,500 - 1,300 = 1,200).

For the record, as a 15yo with growing bones, I wouldn't recommend trying to lose that weight in that time. Rapid weight loss is a bad enough idea for adults, whose bodies aren't going to stop developing from it, because they're already developed. A severe calorie deficit for a teenager, however, can spell a premature end to puberty, which can have negative lifelong consequences.

Last edited:
An ideal body weight needs less calorie intake and therefore to promote effective weight loss we have to lower our calorie intake and restrict it in between 400 to 700, these practices may help to maintain an ideal body weight.

Back