What do I do?

My husband & I joined the gym cause we need to lose some weight. We are also trying to eat healthier. He doesn't seem to be putting effort into it. On Saturday we had plans to go to the gym after we spent time with my son. After we were done I asked him if he wanted to go, he said he was tired. So we didn't go. I asked him about going the next day which was Sunday he was fine with it. Come Sunday I wake up and he tells me that his best friend called and asked if we wanted to go to the gym. Since I was sleeping he didn't want to wake me, ok fine I hate mornings. I told him that if he wants to workout then it's fine to wake me. I asked if he wanted to go and he was like I'm tired. I told him to take a 2hr nap and then we can go after. That's when the ***** hit the fan. He was like why do you want to go so much, I told him it's cause we didn't go Saturday cause he was tired. So I decided to walk our dog so a disagreement wouldn't happen. I'm guessing that he really doesn't want to work out, idk. His friend goes everyday & I'm wondering if I should go with the friend? I don't know how my husband would feel about me working out with his friend. Not sure if he's gonna feel left out or jealous cause I'm doing what we were supposed to do together? I mean he shouldn't we got a dog so we can walk it together and it doesn't bother him that I'm the one that gets up early to walk the dog. Or when ever the dog barks to go out. He'll walk with us maybe 2 or 3 times a week. Anyway I know guys have huge egos when it comes to being in the gym and I was wondering what you guys and ladies think I should do about this. Should I workout with his friend? We both trust each other so he knows that the friend and I are not stupid enough to throw a marriage/friendship away for a stupid reason. Any way let me know what you think about what I should do. Also I've talked to my husband about stepping up and being my gym partner and supporting each other with this.

Could you just go on your own rather than bringing the friend into it if you're worried about that part?

I supposed I could? It's just when I workout I need a friend there to make myself push myself. Im competive when I'm at the gym. And for certain excersises I need a partner.

I'm sorry I'm not going to be much help... Not really my place to say what someone else should be doing within their relationship... How have things been going lately? Has the hubby gotten more on board with going to the gym?

Back