Opinions needed on loosing 20 pounds in 1 month

So, I recently weighed myself and I was like WOW at the number, it really sunk in that I no longer have the Kim Kardashian frame but that of a pear, disgusting.

So I weigh 175 pounds at 5'8, and I'm hoping to loose at least 20 pounds by October 31st.

So, I am going to eat 300 calories per day for week 1/2 - run on the treadmill for 20 mins each day = loose about 100 calories = 200 calories per day x 7 = 1400

Week 3/4 = 250 calories = run of treadmil for 20 = -100 calories = 150 calories per day
150 calories x 2 weeks = 1050 calories

1050 + 1400 = 2450 calories in one month ...

How do you guys feel about this? I realllllly need to loose weight, it's really affecting my health not to mention self-esteem. Obviously after I loose the 20 pounds, I will continue to exercise to get to my goal of 130. then I'll take a chill pill.

Last edited:
I don't even know where to begin with this. To think this is a good idea and then to also recommend it to people in other threads just blows my mind!!!

Honestly, how do you think your body is going to respond to this in the long run?? What exactly will your 2450 calories in the month consist of? Do you realize that many people eat that amount in a DAY!!!??? I think if you "realllllly" need to lose weight, you should consider taking the time to do it properly.

If this is something you want to experiment with, go for it - but I highly suggest NOT encouraging others to use this unsafe method to lose weight. JMO!!!

this is an exact copy of a post of mine in a different thread. Should be helpful to you as well.

Protein, complex carbs, and good fats are part of diets.

I would steer away from cereal. Instead of a bowl of cheerio's, how about some egg whites with a little cheese? Maybe some fruit to go with it? Apples, bananas, oranges, pears, peaches. Good source of protein and good carbs!

You can't starve your body or you will not see any change.

You need to calculate your calories, and follow it accordingly. If you don't, and you just eat, you will not see the good results. If you starve yourself, your body stores the fat it has, and basically turns you into a non-fat burning Toyota Prius.

Guide to Nutrition and calorie calculating: http://training.fitness.com/weight-loss/nutritio...1-a-32846.html

Great list of foods to eat: http://training.fitness.com/weight-loss/nutritio...ist-19098.html

Make sure you get some good exercise in as well. I, personally, do a mix of cardio and weightlifting/body weight exercises daily. (weights one day, body weights the next, and cardio each day)

A balanced diet is not only going to help you meet your goals, but its a habit that will lead you to live a healthier life.

Last edited:
A SAFE goal should be about 2 lbs per week. you may start out losing more, but dont get discouraged when your only losing 2 a week. try weighing in once a week while working out in stead of every day.

Back