Some Accountability....

Well today was an off day. Hubby had a really rough night, got home late due to a call, and didn't sleep well. went to bed at 3am and got up at 5am. I could hardly blame him when he said he wanted to go back to bed instead of workout. Since we like to workout together and follow the same workout, I decided to make a light day if it and do some core and glutes just to get something under my belt. We'll do back and biceps tomorrow.....

Todays workout

core and glutes:

Single weighted leg lifts (ankle weights-15lbs)
3x15

Kneeling kickbacks (ankle weights-15lbs)
3x15

kneeling side leg lifts (ankle weights-15lbs)
3x15

Crunches
3x25

Reverse crunches
3x25

1 leg hip pop up
2x20

DLL: The Dangerous Convict

(By Chillen)

For a long time, I sat in sorrow
I thought there was no tomorrow.

I am SICK and believe I was to THICK.

Then it CLICKED.
I removed all internal CONFLICT.

There will be no more SORROWS in my TOMORROWS

I knew I possessed the super-human powers to achieve.
I chose to believe.

I became remarkably TOUGH and I learned I had the STUFF

I became STRICT and a diet and fitness ADDICT

I enclose myself in a jail without BARS, sucked-up all of my battle SCARS

I will not FAIL.

I have given myself no BAIL

I have no key to let me OUT.

I do not DOUBT

I am the "Dangerous CONVICT"

The most dangerous convicts are the ones that establish authority in there own soul; feel the strength of the experience.

With love to you, DLL.

One step.......at a time.

Best regards,

Chillen

Thanks Chillen!

Always nice to see you checking in :D

Really feeling good working out regularly without the stomach pains! Bought hubby a book called "Maximum Muscle Plan". It helps give him ideas for different exercises. Since we try to rotate them regularly I thought he might like a reference :)

Todays workout

Back, Biceps, Abs, and Cardio

Hyper-extentions w/5lbs medicine ball
3x12

Close grip rows
1x12 80lbs
1x12 100lbs
1x12 110lbs
1x12 140lbs

Dumbbell rows (DB)
1x12 25lbs
1x10 30lbs
1x8 35lbs

(wide grip) lat pull downs
2x12 120lbs
1x10 120lbs

Preacher curls (machine)
1x12 160lbs
1x10 160lbs
1x7 160lbs

Cable curls
1x10 80lbs
1x9 80lbs
1x6 90lbs

seated dumbbell curls (DB)
2 x10 20lbs
1x8 20lbs

Crunches
3x25

Reverse crunches
3x25

seated single leg raises
3x12 7.5 lbs ankle weights

kneeling straight leg raises
3x12 7.5 lbs ankle weights

30 minute cardio incline treadmill

Todays workout

Shoulders, legs and cardio

Hack squats
(mind you this is on our machine, so I can guarantee you the weights are *not* accurate! We just made it as difficult as we could handle.)

1x12 260 lbs
2x12 300 lbs

leg extentions
3x12 160 lbs

Leg curls
3x12 120 lbs

Sumo squats (DB)
1x12 30 lbs
1x12 50 lbs
1x12 70 lbs

Clean and Press (DB)
1x12 15lbs
1x10 15lbs
1x6 15lbs

Cable upright rows
1x12 60 lbs
1x12 80 lbs
1x10 100 lbs
1x7 100lbs

Incline lat raise (DB)
2x10 10 lbs
1x8 15lbs

Single front raise (DB)
3x10 20lbs

cardio 30 minutes

Todays Workout

Chest, triceps, abs and cardio

Flat bench press (machine)
2x12 40lbs
2x10 60lbs
1x7 80lbs

Decline bench press (DB)
2x12 20lbs
1x8 25lbs

Flies
2x12 15lbs
1x12 17.5lbs

Reverse dips (BW)
3x12

Skull crushers
1x10 15lbs
1x12 20lbs
1x10 20lbs

seated 1 arm triceps (DB)
1x9 10lbs
1x7 10lbs

Because I was having such difficulty with the 1 arm triceps I decided to add:

1 arm pull downs
1x10 80lbs
1x8 80lbs

Decline crunches
3x25

Incline leg lifts
3x25

Cross crunches
2x25

Kneeling straight leg lifts
2x25

30 minutes cardio incline

Your consistency is making the ladies, errrr… and guys, consistany look wanting. Very impressed with you.

lol, Thanks Johnny :)

I was talking to Typhon in his journal, and was telling him how it is one of the things that help me get thru the day, so it is high on my list of things to do... oh, wait, it is at the top! LOL :D

See....I'm a gal on a mission! I wasn't able to workout for a very long time, and I enjoy challenging myself. It feels *great* to get in the gym and do a really good workout. Not only does it start my day off right, but it helps me keep up with my kids.

I want to get my body in the best shape it can be. I know I can do it, and this helps keep me accountable......

Pain.

Yesterday when I was working out I mentioned to my husband that I woke with a slight stiff neck and my shoulder was bothering me. You know, typical aches. Or so I thought.....

After our workout I took a couple of tylenol just in case. Last night when I was headed headed for bed, I did it again, because I still felt my neck and shoulder bothering me. Some years ago, my son was sick and I took him to the emergency room (something I don't typically do much). He was all out of sorts, and when I unbuckled him from his car seat he threw himself away from me as I was reaching in. Being the typical mom, I reached in further and extended myself so I could catch him. Little did I realize that I had torn all three major tendons in my arm, and while in the emergency room getting antibiotics for him, I ended up in an arm sling, with an appointment the next day.

They shot my arm with cortizone, but at the time I recall they only could shoot 2 of the three tendons saying something to the effect that the third was too close to something else, or they could not reach it easily.

I had to go to physical therapy for a year as well.

Now it has come back to haunt me. They said then they couldn't guarantee anything. So it is 4:30am and I am in excruciating pain. I haven't been able to sleep, and have gotten up twice before to take more tylenol to help but it hasn't done anything. I just took some Aleve in hopes it might help, but have been staring at a bottle of pain killers I still have from my surgery....lol

This sucks. Today the kids were suppose to start late at school, and I was suppose to get an extra hour sleep. Instead I can barely move my neck and arm (yeah, typing this is a b!tch). ANd I couldn't take the painkillers anyway till after I get the kids off to school.....

How the hell am I suppose to workout!!??!!:speechless:

This sucks royally.........

That really does suck!! Take care of yourself! If do workout stay away from upper body and go for a walk (if you are up to it). You don’t need to aggravate an injury.

That really does suck!! Take care of yourself! If do workout stay away from upper body and go for a walk (if you are up to it). You don’t need to aggravate an injury.

Thanks Johnny!

It's about 6am and the Aleve didn't do a damn thing....:( I *have* to be mobile and start getting my kids up and ready for school (i.e. bathe, clothe, feed breakfast, etc...) so I took 1/2 of one of the pain pills (endocet- hate pain pills, always make me feel ill *blech*) and it has killed the pain enough that I can move around more. Still hurts, but at least I'm mobile....lol I've prepared everything (lunch packed, clothes out, breakfast cooking...) Just got to get them fed, bathed, dressed and out the door!

Then I think I"m going to bed......:sleeping2:

Maybe later I will feel able to get some inclining in....

Why not go to a doctor instead? You don't want this to get worse

I will. I just have to make it thru the morning at the moment...Then if I can get a little sleep, I will see if hubby can get off so I can go in and see what is going on......

:D

umm.. take care really. We need you here strong!

LOL! :rofl:

He is going into work late so I can go to an appointment this afternoon (in about 2 hours). Since taking the pain killer I have been able to move around more with less pain...and I took it @ 6am so it's probably worn off by now. I went back to bed and slept for a few hours. Still really stiff though, so I hope they can "fix" this so I can stop suffering and get back to working out.....

Well seems I really F'ed myself up....

Doctor said I have a severe cervical muscle strain. He made a point of saying "severe" when I said, "well how soon will I be able to workout?" :confused:

So they kindly gave me a jab in the butt with a muscle relaxer (that sh!t burns by the way...) and told me I would not be able to workout or do *anything* strenuous with my upper body...um....ok.....:action: I have to wear a CERVICAL COLLAR....can you belive this????? They put me in a cervical collar....:bncry: told me I need to take muscle relaxers and ibuprofen (and pain pills, but I probably won't take those unless it's dire)

I'm also suppose to do neck and shoulder massage regularly and hot and cold pads.....

I thought it sucked this morning....it really sucks now........:(

added: seems this is what I strained: The Levator Scapula

Last edited:
=( i'm really sorry to hear this.

just try to have the strength to let this thing heal all the way before you start working out again so you can continue on your journey.

this is just a small obstacle to overcome!

Back