Report buttons post not honored by some mods

I didn't start this thread to whine. The offending posts were made nearly 15 hours ago and I p.m'ed two mods NBS4life and Evo who were online. I also reported all the offending posts which were nearly 10. My post count has gone up by almost 10 from reporting the offending posts. So Karky your claim that I should report the offending post and not whine is not true.

Repeat I reported the offending posts, pmed 2 mods and then started the thread in the lounge when the offending posts were still there i.e the mods didn't want to take any action. Someone even commented on the post in the lounge. I did give the mods plenty of time to clean up the mess and only p.m'd Evolution and NBS4Life when I noticed they were online and plenty of time had gone. NBS4Life came on and off and Evolution even replied a different post in the Lounge before I pmed him.

Questions for you Karky :-

-what are you going to do about this individual as he sent me abusive p.ms?
- what should people do if some mods do not honor the report posts button?

BB

Last edited:
I'm sorry, the reported posts didn't show up when I pressed the new posts button ( they usually do, that way you don't have to check the report forum, you just see them when you press new posts)
I'm sorry about that and I'll get right on it.

And about PMing the mods: they are often quite busy and you should give it some time.. this only happened yesterday. Even though I'll admit I haven't discussed your reported posts with anyone (like I said, I haven't seen them) it sometimes takes time to figure out what we should do about a situation and we won't always let the reporter know what sanctions we impose.

I receive emails of any post that gets reported (at least the ones I am listed as a mod for), and come to the site immediately to check them out. Many times the situation has already been taken care of - however this morning, I got your email, checked out your report, deleted the threads immediately, and contacted the "offender" -- I do not know how much quicker it could have been?

I also would like you to know that there are many times that I come on the site, and then walk away from my computer - possibly for hours before I return, thus it would show me as online when I actually am not. Not sure if that was the situation with the other mods showing up as "online" -- but it is something I do often.

I am sorry you were offended, and I am sorry the mods were not as quick to act as you would have liked - however, we all do this on a voluntary basis and unfortunately it sometimes is not our highest priority. To think that the posts were not removed because the "mods did not want to take any action" is a little crazy - I can only speak for myself, but as far as I know, the other mods are not sitting around trying to figure ways to piss you off... and if they are - I guess it worked!??!

As for your questions to Karky - I will take a moment to answer:

-what are you going to do about this individual as he sent me abusive p.ms?

The threads have been deleted, and the offender has been contacted.

- what should people do if some mods do not honor the report posts button?

As far as I know this has not happened. As I mentioned before, things might not move as quickly as you would like, but the mods are on top of things as soon as they get the opportunity. And, as Karky posted, "it sometimes takes time to figure out what we should do about a situation and we won't always let the reporter know what sanctions we impose."

What was said before. I'm not on here as often as I'd like to be. I noticed the posts, deleted them, and then brought them to the attention of the other mods to see what should be done.

Hmm... So this was Todd messin up yet again? Lemme guess he got a pat on the back aka an infraction (he must have a dozen by now) and is back on the forums the next day. He needs to receive an actual ban mods not a pat on the back. This is what used to happen to Tom/the vulgarity gang as well. :violent:

Hmm... So this was Todd messin up yet again? Lemme guess he got a pat on the back aka an infraction (he must have a dozen by now) and is back on the forums the next day. He needs to receive an actual ban mods not a pat on the back. This is what used to happen to Tom/the vulgarity gang as well. :violent:

Don't worry. We'll have a banning for you too since you're not here to contribute in the slightest bit. Of course you'll just return under another ID. And we'll ban that one. And the tediousness will continue.

How about telling us what your training routine is like, your goals etc :D

He's gone now.

Well done Kark, i love you.

Back