HELP....almost blacked-out today

Focus...

Your interesting, entertaining and deeply troubled all at the same time. I can appreciate a person like that. :D

I've done the ROCKSTAR or MONSTER by itself before...maybe 4-5 times w/o any problems, BUT I have not done the aspirin with it. The drink gives you symptoms A, the aspirin symptoms B....when you combine them you get symptoms A, B and C.......C being the result of combining the two.

Also, when I started to feel the faintness coming on, I'm pretty sure I went into some panic-attack and induced a nice adrenaline rush, which just added to the whole mix/effect.

Can anyone decipher this for me?

ilu2bb<3

effedrine, caffein and aspirin!!! holy crap dude!! you should be passing out.

i take some supplements, but stimulants are not my gig! I used to shoot meth, and abotu anythign else I could get to dissolve. BUT not for fitness.

you and i have nothing in common IF this is what you are doing in order to do these workouts.

i have a couple of cups of coffee a day, but dang man! That wikipedia link i just read to ECA stack is a lil spooky, and not what I want to be, nor what i am, about - at all.

Focus, what is the effect and weight gain you can expect to see when you discontinue the stimulants.

i am not throwing any judgements,,, well actually maybe a lil... I think I have to, or i leave myself open to joining the easy train.

sorry...

i shoul delete this post, but I do have a bit of respect on this board, so I will leave my thoughts,

Sweat Daily
FF

OK,, i think I am out of line,.,.,, I see, you were short the effedrine, so you had the other stuf in the energy drink, I get it....

FOR me, and for you BSL, you may find a more steady, STRONGER, smooth ability to produce force if you have no stimulants at all. It takes longer to get the "high" from endorphins, but it last longer, and you can sustain for a long time.

Focus, i see too that you are not taking an ECA stack...

shooottt... i should not be in this thread, but yet I am...

ummmm,

find the joy in the pain, learn the freedom in tolerance, realize the value of exertion beyond perceived capacity, and the thrill is far greater than a stimulant.
that is all

FF

Last edited:
You absolutely neec carbs for endurance excersie. PERIOD! stimulants will wear you out. stay away from guarana. caffiene occasionaly if you need to kickstart your body.

Focus, what is the effect and weight gain you can expect to see when you discontinue the stimulants.

i am not throwing any judgements,,, well actually maybe a lil... I think I have to, or i leave myself open to joining the easy train.

sorry...

i shoul delete this post, but I do have a bit of respect on this board, so I will leave my thoughts,

Sweat Daily
FF

I dunno what you're talking about. You know I welcome any and all critiques.

I actually am currently stacking ECA. That's what I was referring to. I'm also taking a smorgasbord of other supplements. As far as I can tell, ECA is the only one that's doing anything, with the possible exception of creatine. I only just started taking these last two a few days ago, with the intent of determining their usefulness (which gives me something to track for the month of August - I like to have something to watch).

I also don't agree that it is at all "going for a ride on the easy train". I'll remind you that I have lost a total of 180 lbs in the last 6 years. 3-4 of them (lbs, not years) have been while on ECA. The rest, just grit.

I think you are confusing ECA for real drugs. I see it as a mild stimulant/thermogenic. Remember, while BSL is abnormally sensitive in this particular regard, I am really ridiculously abnormally insensitive, as per my last post. The appetite suppression effect is obviously something that doesn't matter to me. (Although, if anything, the stuff is making me much hungrier than I was previously on this V Diet. Go figure.)

As to your original question, "Focus, what is the effect and weight gain you can expect to see when you discontinue the stimulants:"

The answer is none, because I will make the necessary adjustments to my nutritional and training parameters to counter any realized compensatory effects. Besides, it's unlikely I will ever discontinue them, as I find the benefits very enjoyable. Thus far, there do not appear to be any drawbacks.

And, having said all that, I do however agree that it's not a good idea for anyone to do this sort of thing, particularly for a stupid reason like simple curiosity. All's I'm saying is that the rules don't apply to me. ;)

Besides, it's unlikely I will ever discontinue them, as I find the benefits very enjoyable. Thus far, there do not appear to be any drawbacks.

You're joking, right? ;)

You will eventually need more ephedrine to derive the same "benefit" because your body becomes desensitized to it. Ephedrine promotes the release of norepinephrine and also acts as a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor. It also increases your BP. Moreover, if you have an pre-existing cardiac condition (e.g., cardiac hypertrophy, valve damage, etc.), it can kill you. If you are on any MAO inhibitors or SNRIs (those are prescribed for depression, anxiety, etc.), you cannot take ECA stacks. That will probably kill you as well. If you are on thyroid meds or diabetic, you can't take ECA stacks either.

I know that BBs like ECA stacks (et al.) just as much as other athletes like performance enhancing substances, but I'm a purist. I treat my body like a temple. I really don't believe in taking anything. Hence the reason why I never got any Olympic medals in track and field :D

You're joking, right? ;)

Nope.

You will eventually need more ephedrine to derive the same "benefit" because your body becomes desensitized to it.

This is only true of some of the stimulant effects, and only if you are for some reason ignorant of the need - or, I suppose, for some reason unwilling - to cycle?

It also increases your BP. Moreover, if you have an pre-existing cardiac condition (e.g., cardiac hypertrophy, valve damage, etc.), it can kill you. If you are on any MAO inhibitors or SNRIs (those are prescribed for depression, anxiety, etc.), you cannot take ECA stacks. That will probably kill you as well. If you are on thyroid meds or diabetic, you can't take ECA stacks either.

None of which is an issue for me. You are very helpful to point out that dancing in a fire is very dangerous to people made of napalm. Only thing is, if I was made of napalm, why would I be dancing in a fire? Are you implying that I don't think good?

I know that BBs like ECA stacks (et al.) just as much as other athletes like performance enhancing substances, but I'm a purist. I treat my body like a temple. I really don't believe in taking anything. Hence the reason why I never got any Olympic medals in track and field :D

Is that you, Kate Moss? Hey, I've been meaning to ask you something: Is it expensive for you, living on nothing but wishes and sunlight, what with shipping costs on De Nile being what they are? Is that why you're so thin? :(

FOR me, and for you BSL, you may find a more steady, STRONGER, smooth ability to produce force if you have no stimulants at all. It takes longer to get the "high" from endorphins, but it last longer, and you can sustain for a long time.

Agree, concur....that's the plan for sure!

This all started when I just bought one of these drinks on sale and, when working with weights one morning, actually found a bit of kick & energy...so I figured if it could help me push harder then maybe it'd help.

Why'd I take aspirin? Unrelated to workout benefits. My doctor prescribes low-dose aspirin therapy as part of a blood-thinning & other cardiovascular benefits. I will continue taking the aspirin, but not before I workout....only later in the day or just before I go to bed.

find the joy in the pain, learn the freedom in tolerance, realize the value of exertion beyond perceived capacity, and the thrill is far greater than a stimulant.
that is all

Well there's a quote right out of the Chill zone! ;)

Is that you, Kate Moss? Hey, I've been meaning to ask you something: Is it expensive for you, living on nothing but wishes and sunlight, what with shipping costs on De Nile being what they are? Is that why you're so thin? :(

Taking scary to the next level? :D

Remember, while BSL is abnormally sensitive in this particular regard, I am really ridiculously abnormally insensitive

I concur that you are abnormally insensitive....but I'm probably just "average" in terms of sensitivity. I've done stimulants before with no problem...I think this was an ugly stack with the aspirin, the lack of sleep, the low-calories, the weird ingredients in the Zone Bar and let's not forget the moon is in retrograde....plus all the stress with Britney Spears baby.....:bncry:

that is absolutely not a quote frome the chillzone... that is learning endurance mental training from hour and hours and hours out on the road in the heat sweating my butt off stimulant free for the last 2 years.

the difference is getting to a point of total mental breakdown and finding the spiritual strength to identify a mental mantra to make it thru...

I train alone- on the open road... there are days I will run for 3 hours directly away from home--- that will put some 15 miles of grass, and hot pavement, and aloneness.... JUST ME AND MY SPIRITUALITY!!! with what my body can give to get me the 4 hour trip back home.

NO GYM, NO PEOPLE, NO NOTHING BUT- the complete athlete!

gliding, willing to suffer, smooth, fast, strong, limitless reserves,,,, the complete athlete.

and in my case-- it is alone enough that ALL others can go die, it is a survival of the fittest..... and the very best I can hope for, is that NONE, no NOT ONE, is counting on me, because I may not make it, and I am ready to fall and die.!!!! SO- then the complete athlete will contnue on, and see what breaks first.... hehehehe it is "advanst in dumb"

that my friend is a "mentality" that is NOT trying to win friends and influence people! that is a screw you, I know what i am about!

get that! Get that element within you BSL- and you got something people can never buy in a pill, needle, or drink!

How's that for motivation! GO DIE! hehehehe

now, I have work to do.

FF

OF course it's hard- IT's FF'in IRONMAN BEEEYATCH!

Last edited:
Okay FF.....good advice. A bit psychotic, but still good nonetheless. :D

Did my routine today, went in on Oatmeal and a few prunes/nuts. Felt fine, performed fine, heart-rate consistent with exertion. I did have one micro funny-feeling but I don't think it was related. Needless to say, I'll keep a sharp eye on myself and I have friends around me watching me just in case.

I'm good, thanks to all....

Focus, are you always so defensive and easily threatened, or are you simply a misogynist with an attitude?

Your reply to my post was incredibly disrespectful and rude. Any credibility you had has gone down the toilet.

Focus, are you always so defensive and easily threatened, or are you simply a misogynist with an attitude?

Your reply to my post was incredibly disrespectful and rude. Any credibility you had has gone down the toilet.

Huh? I would say excessively sarcastic, at most. I believe my position to be more "objectively correct" (or rather, consistent with the premises from which your irrational position was somehow derived), and I sought to express this in a playful manner. I'm sorry if you took it as hostility, but that's just my manner. :)

Are you sure you're not upset because you offered unsolicited advice that was shot down for being based on mysticism, and have no rebuttal to my arguments? 'Cause, well, I dunno if it's the misogynist in me or what, but that's what it looks like to me.

Guys.....

Please don't argue or fight. The internet has a way of messin' with people's heads. It's easy to figure the whole forum is watching, reading and taking notes on all this stuff (the bickering)....but in reality, hardly anybody does. As example, this is my thread and I've been reading it thoroughly: at no point did I sense any disrespect or rude behavior.....really.

Focus operates on a humor level that transcends traditional jovial approaches, his intensity is actually light-hearted chit-chat humor and entirely meant to be entertaining to read. Despite how you may feel, he's not using you for jovial-traction....just being his typical cynical self. I know this doesn't mean much, but don't take it personal. Honestly, I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

It's quite typical that someone offers contradicting advice and the person being contradicted feels attacked, humiliated or hurt. Lord knows I've had my instances of going-off and being accused of being hyper-sensitive. In the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't matter. BOTH of you offered excellent & constructive advice....nobody lost face. Please don't let this escalate into a flame-war.....it's just the internet and a lot is lost in text. Please believe & trust me on this. It's very easy to misinterpret humor & wit on this forum.

I appreciate the flattery, BSL, but I think you are very confused about what just happened here old bean. I mean as far as I know, we were flirting. Next she says I'm insufferable, then I yell, "Fetch my slippers, woman!" And she meekly obeys. Fade to black. (RIP Audrey ilubb<3.)

... Hmm. Maybe she was right about my not thinking good.

Hey, I'm not arguing with Focus. It's just that he wasn't kidding before, so I thought he was serious again.

I don't know the guy, and words don't often give people the true intent. Face to face is always better, but impossible on a forum.

Maybe Focus is just one of those super sarcastic people that likes to yank people's chains ... ;) I really haven't been here long enough to get to know his "style".

Nuf said. No hard feelings.

I luv muscle is a girl? omg! I am so confgused.... I have go to get OFF the inernet already!

oh, wait,,, I LIKE TI!

hehe
FF'er

Back