Dead lumps of skin anyone?

When i first went to the gym my hands where so sore from all the rubbing on the weights. I would have huge chunks of dead skin but now i think after working out so long its got some permenant layer of thickness and i dont feel anything now :) for a while there i was thinking of getting some gloves but they look lame :p

It's called a callus. Real men have them, and my gf grinds mine off.. lol

It's called a callus. Real men have them, and my gf grinds mine off.. lol

lol thats right callus! tried so hard to think of the world but it just wouldn't come. I use to be able to pick them if but its so thick and hard now that its pretty much impossible.

Just below your fingers right? Those things never go away, unless if you wear gloves. A few years ago i stopped lifting and they took about 3 months to go away. You're scarred for life man!

For me, calluses never go away. I still have calluses from an assembly line job I worked almost 10 years ago...on my second knuckles on the back of my my left hand which is kind of an unusual place to have calluses, so I know what it's from. It's from the way I used to hold heater cores when I installed them into automobile HVAC units

Last edited:
I have had caluses since I was 5 and my dad had me sanding boards haha. My mrs also picks them off my hands.

Mine grinds 'em off with this coral rock thing.. She's say they're gross, I told her they're okay, but grinding them off is gross. She still insists :boxing_smiley:

lol thats right callus! tried so hard to think of the world but it just wouldn't come. I use to be able to pick them if but its so thick and hard now that its pretty much impossible.
If you are worried about them, wear gloves. If not the calluses along with a few toothpicks should be signs of your "machismo". (Pun intended).

I have "dead skin" (I put quotes around it since I don’t know the technical term for it) on both my hands. I have it under my middle and ring finger. It feels funny when you pick at it. But it all started when I started doing deadlifts. I tried wearing gloves, but I'm like, "Ah screw it."

The real manly gym thing you can have in my opinion is the deadlift scrape. You know, the cut you have from deadlifting?

I have em also, i use sponges for most of my 'pull' exercises as they are the ones that seem to do the most damage to my hands.

many use sponges at my gym, i think the benefits are:

-Cheap.
-Provide good padding.
-Dont get sweaty.
-No hassle in taking them on and off.

Calluses can be found on my palms, near my fingers and on my knuckles(from hitting bags and training). I also have, on my right leg, callues on the top of my foot and near my ankle...even on the side of my calf muscle. All from kicking bags and MA training. :SaiyanSmilie_anim:

:( I was just picking at mine and peeled of some of the dead skin but it led to some fresh skin and i ripped that of as well :( stung like freaking hell and its all red and bleeding a little.

I simply don't get it. Some of you spend ridiculous amounts of money on supplements many would regard as non-essentials but cannot afford inexpensive gym gloves? Halt who comes here ....

horse-cart.jpg

Back