Deadlift Challenge Member Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheerleaders are usually freakishly strong and they dont usually lift weights.

OK :) Where I grew up gymnastics and cheerleading were girls activities and a comment like that would have been taken as an insult. I didn't think think is how it was meant though. :yelrotflmao:

Where I grew up it was the same. Our school didnt have male cheerleaders so its not like there were any to defend the term.

I've been doing Snatch grip deadlifts for the last 3 weeks, but they seem to be helping with the regular dl's as well. I did singles today and am up to 269 lbs (22 lb increase). I also tried 280, but could only barely get it off the floor.

I vote against it.

g8r80 - pick your battles wisely. this one has set me back a few times already.....

plus your new swim routine is already incorporating a ton of new muscle combinations.

willing to be less than popular,
FF

p.s. 305 first try!!!! WOW!! you are already as strong as an ox. good grief godzilla!!

The Deadlift just keeps climbing

Deadlift
225x5
225x5
225x5
225x5
225x10 !

^^^I was just pumped up today! Can't believe I did that 10 times after doing 4 previous sets. That essentially means my estimated max is at 300.

Last day of the year so I attempted my goal deadlift of 420 lbs. I was able to get it twice. (2 single rep sets) I tried a third time and only got it about three quarters of the way up.

I had a video clip taken of the first one and a picture of the second one. Here is a pic. The camera takes about 2 seconds to take a picture, so I said to try and time it for when I had it at the top as I wasn't going to hold it there long. The picture got taken a little early, but better early than late.

View attachment 2228

I'm going to try to attach the video of the first one as well, but don't know if I will have any luck with that.

Attachments

• matt lifting 12.31.07 001.jpg
    matt lifting 12.31.07 001.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 71
it's very hard to see because of the angle and the dark. But it looks like you're rounding your lower back a little, and you start with your hips very high..

congrats on hitting the goal already though!

I noticed I pulled my hips a little at the start after watching the video. Here is a clip I took a couple weeks ago to check my form. I thought it was ok, let me know if you think I need to adjust something.

Sorry about the poor lighting in my dungeon....basement.

yeah your hips look a bit high, but most of all the back doesn't look very tight, it might be a bit rounded in that video too. you need arch your back and brace your abs. have you looked through the technique articles on deadlifting? Reading all of them would be the best, you don't have to do it all in one go, but over a week or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back