motivation

How do you guys keep yourself motivated?
Just recently, ive had a rough day at school. 1 1/2 hour classes, 4 tests in 5 classes. I was beat as hell. I got home and slept til dinner (im a junior in HS), then I passed out again. Its like this 2days of the week due to some block period.
I get 8 quality hours of sleep everynight. I drink about 4 bottles of water during school, eat good. What gives?:confused:

There's no surefire way to keep consciously motivated unless you've got some kinda weird psychological condition in my opinion! No normal person is that "one-track".. By that I mean for the day-in day-out aspect of it.. If you really want something you'll change your habits and it won't seem like a great effort after a while once its ingrained into your psyche, but if it's something you don't want enough it'll seem like an effort each time and you'll get stuck in a rut. But either way ruts are just part of life! Can't avoid em so don't bother fighting em 2 much, perhaps enjoy it even!! That's just what i think, cud b total baloney but i just thought i'd throw in my 2 cents worth!

What keeps me motivated is the fact I look and feel so much better. I actually enjoy working out because afterwards i feel really good about myself and i enjoy that feeling. The fear of going back to my old self also plays a role in keeping me motivated.

You shouldn't look at working out as a chore, i'd be GLAD to workout after a day like you had because it would let me just relax and distress and think my day over.

the prospect of improvement is all i need for motivation. I ahve 5 ap classes this year, and I get about 6 hours of sleep a night. lifting is the only thing that I look forward to in a day.

Sorry if this is off topic, which AP classes Dave? So far I've taken Ap Euro, Ap Comp Sci, and this year am taking Ap Psych.

Yea i love lifting, i feel **** if i miss a day at the gym! Jus makes my moods n everything seem better. Plus i love the feeling out of pushing my strength to the limit!

How do you guys keep yourself motivated?
Just recently, ive had a rough day at school. 1 1/2 hour classes, 4 tests in 5 classes. I was beat as hell. I got home and slept til dinner (im a junior in HS), then I passed out again. Its like this 2days of the week due to some block period.
I get 8 quality hours of sleep everynight. I drink about 4 bottles of water during school, eat good. What gives?:confused:

I have a post coming for you, soon. :)

You really have to want it and enjoy going or else you will stop going eventually. I get up at 6:30 in the morning everyday for school and sometimes I go to bed at like 9 or 8 just so I am fully rested and ready for my workout the next day after school.

"Bump"

Arc are you still with us? I am wanting to make that post I promised, but I want to make sure your still around, "brotha"! :)

If you don't want to train, don't train.

I'm probably one of those people with a "psychological disorder"...so I can't really sympathize with you. Do you want it or not? Obviously your actions show that you think other things take precedence over training, which isn't a bad thing, but if that's where you choose to have your priorities, then only you can change that.

Things can always get harder. How difficult your life is isn't a pissing contest. If you wanted to get into training, you would find time.

I keep myself motivated because training is the physical method in which I find out what kind of person I am, and gives me the opprotunity to change if I don't like what I am. I'll give you an example: lazy.

That, and being strong and powerful is too much god damn fun.

Last edited:
couldn't agree more Lei. I'm usually always motivated to train. And if I wake up one morning and feel like **** and I don't want to train, I often just ditch it and go the next day instead. But people who have to force themselves to train can't really "listen to their body" since it's usually just them not being motivated

There's no surefire way to keep consciously motivated unless you've got some kinda weird psychological condition in my opinion! No normal person is that "one-track"..

Lol, I have to agree with you; have you ever read FF's log :rofl:

In fact a log can be a good way of staying motivated, by putting progress down in writing you either get encouraged by your progress or shamed by your failures. Both of those will get your arse in the gym pretty sharpish

Cool..........Let me think on it.......LOL.......I just saw that you posted....

and Forensic....yours too, brotha.....to acknowledge your post........

Let me think about what I want to express.........ROCK ON.......

Best wishes

Chillen

Last edited:
There's no surefire way to keep consciously motivated unless you've got some kinda weird psychological condition in my opinion! No normal person is that "one-track"..

Honestly, then I must be a weird person then, because I can be that one-track. If I get determined, there is no outside source that can bend the steel that is inside to get the job I want done......Done. I practice what I preach.

ROCK ON! :)

Although he might not be there, I would still like to see your post chillen. i myself have this problem sometimes.

I will get to posting it........FoRenSiC.......I havent forgotten.........its forth coming.......

Back