Zinc Supplements

I've decided that I should be taking zinc supplements to boost my ability to gain muscle mass. I can't find any clear sources that give a recommended amount. I know that the minimum is 15 mg. But what is the maximum healthy dose?

I've decided that I should be taking zinc supplements to boost my ability to gain muscle mass. I can't find any clear sources that give a recommended amount. I know that the minimum is 15 mg. But what is the maximum healthy dose?

Point me to the place that specifies this statement is true, Spicy?

Last edited:
Too much of zinc can cause vomiting, diarrhoea, and damage to the kidneys. 50-75 mg a day can backfire or lower HDL (good) cholesterol. Too much of zinc can cause loss of iron and copper in the body---this is from what I read on Zinc.......Spicy.:)

Zinc allows for more free testosterone to work in the body. More testosterone means more muscle growth. It doesn't give you testosterone, it just increases your body's ability to make it and use it.

This is the the basic information I was able to get by doing several searches with the keywords: zinc, testosterone, muscle and women.

What do you think?

unless you're already deficient on zinc in the first place, taking more doesn't mean you'll get more testosterone.

nothing short of anabolic steroids is going to help you exceed your natural test. levels, so unless you think you're on the low side to begin with, don't stress so much about it.

Hey,

I agree with you, you are right Zinc is a mineral that is vital to many biological functions such as immune resistance, wound healing, digestion, reproduction, physical growth, diabetes control, taste and smell. The main biochemicals in which zinc has been found to be necessary include: enzymes and enzymatic function, carbohydrate metabolism and protein synthesis...

You can used Zinc supplement ... go on !!

kevinbrent

Back