Eating after weights and cardio

I know this has been discussed before but i need some clarification. i weight train then so my cardio. now i've heard that the body is in a good fat burning state the hour right after cardio and at the same time i've heard that having protein right after weight training is best. what if i do weights and cardio one right after the other? my goal is to build muscle/ tone and lose body fat. should i wait an hour after the cardio to eat and drink my protein shake? or should i have a protein shake right after cardio then wait an hour to eat? will this affect the fat burning state that my body is in right after cardio? thanks so much.

The two are completely separate things.
Protein is used for muscle recovery and not a fuel source
Carbohydrates are used to restore your energy levels.
so either use a protein shake that has both or eat something high on complex carbs like a banana or a muesli bar.
Or have a energy drink with a protein bar.

Also, don't go nuts on your protein shakes because if you eat to much protein it will be stored as fat.
Read more about a healthy energy intake and how much protein and carbs you really need

Last edited by a moderator:
^

I take muscle milk (burn fat edition) right after I lift. It has some carbs in there, which is nessacary in moderation, which will serve you justice when you run, and it has even more protein in there. It's been working for me.
This site helped a lot when it came to my diet and work out regime.

Hope it helps, thanks

Back