My New Training Programme

HI MY NAME IS LOVEY,

I USE TO BE A GYM GOORU WORKED OUT EVERY WEEK FOR 4 YEARS AND DUE TO SPORTS INJURIES (1ST TORN CALVE MUSCLE & THEN BROKEN ANKLE), I BECAME DEPRESSED AND REGAINED ALL THE WEIGHT THAT I HAD LOST, I STARTED @ 105KG AND GOT DOWN TO 80KG WHICH I WAS VERY HAPPY WITH. NOW I AM BACK UP TO 110KG.
I STARTED WORKING OUT 2 WEEKS AGO COMBINING CARDIO & WEIGHTS SO I AM STILL INTO MY FIRST MONTH. I AM CURRENTLY IN MY 3RD WEEK. IVE BEEN GIVEN A WORKOUT BY MY TRAINER I ASKED IF I COULD GET A PROGRAM THAT WOULD RAISE MY HEART RATE & GET ME TONED AND FIT. I HAVE NOTICED THAT HE HASNT ADDED SHOULDERS INTO MY PROGRAM CAN I HAVE SUGGESTIONS ON WHERE TO ADD THIS. I GO TO THE GYM 5 DAYS A WEEK THE 5TH DAY IS CARDIO SESSION. DO I NEED TO ADJUST ANYTHING?
DAY 1
LEGS/ABS
- LEG EXTENSTIONS 24REPS 3X
- SWISS BALL SQUATS WITH 5KG PLATE 15REPS 3X
- SEATED LEG CURLS 15REPS 3X
- SEATED CALVE RAISES 15 REPS 3X
20MIN CARDIO - XTRAINER
DAY 2
BACK/TRICEPS/ABS
- ASSISTED CHIN UPS (MACHINE) 15REPS X3
- TRICEP DIPS (MACHINE) 15REPS X3
- ROPE PULL (TOWARDS CHEST on downwards angle) 15REPS X3
- TRICEP ROPE PULL 15REPS X3
- BARBELL PULL UPS 15REPS X3
DAY 3
CHEST/ARMS/ABS
- 21'S X3
- INCLINED FLYS 15REPS X3
- INCLINED CHEST PRESS 15REPS X3
- CROSS OVER CHEST EXTENSION (MACHINE) 15REPS X3
DAY 4
CARDIO
- ROWER 2000MTRS
- 20MINS XTRAINER
- 20MINS TREADMIL (WALKING FAST PACE)

personaly i would do fullbody m,w,f, and cardio t,th,

Lots wrong with this workout. The biggest thing that i saw was the amount of reps you were doing per set! some had 15, some had 24. unless you want your muscles to have more endurance, then you are lifting for a good reason. If you want to be stronger and or bigger, then you need to be liftin 5-8 sets of 1-5 reps, and 3-5 sets of 8-10 reps for size.

Also, your doing 3 different chest exercises per chest day. I'd stick to one, and possibly two. Definitly get a flat bench press in there instead of the machines.

New Beginning

Thanks for the suggestions, I will definitley look @ changing my chest workout which even I thought was a little different to the programs that I have had in the past.

Lots wrong with this workout. The biggest thing that i saw was the amount of reps you were doing per set! some had 15, some had 24. unless you want your muscles to have more endurance, then you are lifting for a good reason. If you want to be stronger and or bigger, then you need to be liftin 5-8 sets of 1-5 reps, and 3-5 sets of 8-10 reps for size.

Also, your doing 3 different chest exercises per chest day. I'd stick to one, and possibly two. Definitly get a flat bench press in there instead of the machines.

New Beginner

Yeah Ive done a full body workout in the past, thats not a bad idea I will have a look at that. Thanks

personaly i would do fullbody m,w,f, and cardio t,th,

Back