Newbie needs some advice????

Hello to all and thank you in advance for such a great site. I am a 35 year old male 6' 2" tall. My current wieght is 238lbs. And unfortunatley it is not muscle. As the years have progressed I have eaten worse and worse and exercised les and less. I am a sales/merchandiser which has me on the road 1,000 miles a week. And you guessed it FAST FOOD(The Devils food as I like to call it). Well I am always tired, not happy(almost deppressive I would say) and ready to make a lifestyle change. My weaknesses have been fast food and Mountain Dew(pop). I have high blood pressure and taking medication for this currently. My goal is to stop the medication for high blood pressure, reduce my wieght to 195-200lbs. My long term goal is to decrease my body fat to a lower percentage. I am currently at 29% body fat (Please help) Most of my wieght problem is in my mid section. I have exercise equipment. They are as follows Bow Flex Pro, treadmill, bike and punch bag/tear bag. I have done the bow flex diet before to lose wieght and was successfull(however all the wieght came back and then some) but did not have the mind set I do now. I don't really no how to work(type of exercises and how often) out so any advice on a begining program would help. Sorry so long. Thanks Ron

Last edited:
To start off with, NO MORE JUNK FOOD, if you want to lose weight and look good, forget about it if you're eating that stuff.
I would advise you start off simple, about 30-45 minutes of cardio 4-5 times week and try to take in as many fruits, veggies and lean protein sources daily as possible (milk is also a proven fat burner).
After you see some results with this, you should move into some weight training to further spike your meatbolism....really any scientifically backed program should do you fine

Thanks for the reply. I have put on the wieght ever since I had back surgery 2 years ago. Which did not go well and I have some partial peralysis in my left. calf. So I would say I have been depressed since then a bit and did not much care what I was eating or looking like. However my mind set is very positive and I am tired of giving in. I want to make changes that will be for life. The word diet simple means temporary. Which I have done that route. My main problem is getting started. I have cravings for this junk food and pop. I know I have to stop doing that and once I break through I will be ok.

Last edited:
Back