Sport Post-workout nutrition question

Sport Fitness
Sometimes I find that I am not at all hungry after working out, even after a really hard cardio session. I am trying to burn fat and not lose muscle along the way, so I know that I should probably be eating something to replenish burned energy, but I'm just not sure what... how long can I wait if I am just not hungry? or what kind of small snack might be good in these instances?

Thanks!

I find that some sort of protein shake is easier to consume immediately after a hard workout than a solid meal. I tend to try to pack a lot of healthful things into the shakes I make. Here's an example of a post-workout shake that I've been making lately:

Nonfat milk
Chocolate-flavored whey protein powder
Banana
Peanutbutter
Dry rolled oats (gives it a thicker texture + more complex carbs)
Hempseed powder (protein, fiber, omega 3/6/9 fatty acids, etc.)
A whole raw egg (I use pasteurized eggs to avoid salmonella)

^ It's delicious and easy to drink. (The raw egg is tasteless, don't worry!) It also has a lot more good, natural, healthful stuff in it than any purchased protein drink. Also cheaper too.

yeah some type of liquid nutrition will be easier to consume. if the above seems like too much work, just get some whey protein (like ON 100% whey), and some dextrose (corn sugar), and mix a scoop of whey and the same size scoop of dextrose, and a half liter of water.
it'll be kinda watery, sweet, and lightly flavored, I prefer chocolate in this situation (kinda ends up tasting like Yoohoo! drink). you could put a teaspoon of creatine in this shake, IF you choose to supplement with creatine.

^ I've heard it's better to have medium complexity carbs (the kind found in milk, for example) rather than simple carbs (i.e. sugars) or complex carbs (wheat products, etc.).

MILK FTW!

Back