help with ab workout

he everyone
im lookin for that killer 6 pack as a lot of guys are and i was woundering if anyone has any programs or ideas on improving my workout.
I do:
30 sit ups
30 side sit ups
30 leg raises
30 sit ups again.

Should i stay with this routine or have you got any ideas how to improve.
Thanx

up ure reps if u dont feel much burn or tightening. add like 1 or 2 more sets to each exercise. and another excercise i do is grap onto a pull up bar and just hang (might want to wear gloves if ure hands are too sensative) make sure ure feet are not touching the ground. Now lift ure legs so they are bent at a 90* angle and tighten ure abs, hold for a few seconds then release. do about 10-15 reps (depending on how many you can do) then rest for a few seconds and do another set of about 10 (again just depends on how many u can do)

up ure reps if u dont feel much burn or tightening. add like 1 or 2 more sets to each exercise. and another excercise i do is grap onto a pull up bar and just hang (might want to wear gloves if ure hands are too sensative) make sure ure feet are not touching the ground. Now lift ure legs so they are bent at a 90* angle and tighten ure abs, hold for a few seconds then release. do about 10-15 reps (depending on how many you can do) then rest for a few seconds and do another set of about 10 (again just depends on how many u can do)

okay but i gotta tell you this is a REALLY bad advice.

First of all, as an experienced weight lifter, I can tell you straight up that abs are made in the kitchen, not in the weightroom. Everyone already has a set of "perfect" abs but it's hidden under the layer of fat. In order to see these abs, you must first burn off the fat with cardio and THEn start doing ab workouts. Even on top of this, your ab workouts are absolutely ludicrous. you're clearly overtraining, and you have way too many reps and sets and exercises for your abs. If you put this much effort into your cardio and what you eat, I GUARANTEE you you will get better results than doign whatever you're doing right now. Keep your diet low in fat and deficient in calories to help burn the fat. i don't mean go and starve yourself of food and run because that would just result in excessive intake in fat when you start eating again. Be smart and good luck!

i agree with Azn_Drag0n (for the first time i believe ;) )

dont add more exercises, just keep cutting the fat. they will eventually show but to get your abs to show takes a lot of discipline when it comes to diet. it needs to be spot-on and you need to be around 9% or less body fat.

junkfood and dragon, both have good ideas in this case. I don't believe cutting fat would be optimal to getting a lean six pack. Healthy fat BURNS fat.

I've worked with a few bodybuilder types. When it comes time to get real shredded, they reduce carb intake not fat intake. So, you probably would have better success dropping into a low carb diet.

okay but i gotta tell you this is a REALLY bad advice.

First of all, as an experienced weight lifter, I can tell you straight up that abs are made in the kitchen, not in the weightroom. Everyone already has a set of "perfect" abs but it's hidden under the layer of fat. In order to see these abs, you must first burn off the fat with cardio and THEn start doing ab workouts. Even on top of this, your ab workouts are absolutely ludicrous. you're clearly overtraining, and you have way too many reps and sets and exercises for your abs. If you put this much effort into your cardio and what you eat, I GUARANTEE you you will get better results than doign whatever you're doing right now. Keep your diet low in fat and deficient in calories to help burn the fat. i don't mean go and starve yourself of food and run because that would just result in excessive intake in fat when you start eating again. Be smart and good luck!

not disagreeing with the diet cuz that is what will show the abs, but i work my abs about 2-3 times a week and mine is comin out just fine. I do believe over training is a bad thing, but under training is just a waste of time. if ure ganna work out then work out.

Back