How much to skip?

• Thread starter retired_megaman
  • Start date
R

retired_megaman

Does skipping for 800-1000 repetitions at once cause any bodily injuries (conditions like hernia in particular)? I've been doing that much since a few weeks and it's caused me no problems so far. But should I continue this way or reduce the number of repetitions and do it in sets?
Please advice.

skipping? like, how little kids skip when they play outside? I see no way this could cause a hernia.

why are you skipping?

totally lost here. I think what you call 'skipping' is completely different from the normal use of 'skipping'.

explain in detail what you do for 1000 reps please.

Uh I mean skipping as in jumping ropes. Like them boxers do.

What is the purpose of it? Is this your cardio workout?

Instead of doing 800-1000... I would cut that down, and add more variety into what I am assuming a cardio workout.

If you have been doing this for a period of time.. You are not going to get the same results as when you first started... Thats why I would suggest a variety of cardio, and switching up the routine every 2 weeks.

We need more info from you bro. Your goal would be a top number one. Age, Sex, HT, WT?

I skip as one of my main forms of CV. Its great for cordination but to get your heart rate up you need to be going very fast. I find that side to sides work best for me.

Its good for getting the heart rate up without using too much movement, which is good if you have been doing leg work

It also helps if you have a heart rate moniter to see if your going fast enough, or ur just waisting your time.

lastly, a rope is no good, it wont go fast enough. You need leather or plastic, the heavyer it is, the faster it will go.

ahhhhh! skipping rope! makes sense now.

don't skip rope for reps, do it based on time lengths. I've never really researched skipping rope for cardio, but I'd think intervals of like 1-2 mins, skip hard and fast, then rest or slow way down.

as for hernias, I think I understand that now too. I was thinking hernia of the abdominal wall, but I think you're referring to herniated discs in your spine. that seems a little extreme, but I'd wager it is hard on the knees and ankles.

how about skipping around the track one lap or 2 laps to warm up the muscles before stretching instead of running around the track? I did that once for one lap before stretching and it felt good and took me about 2 minutes to get around the whole track once.

Here's a good one for you to try... how many skips can you do in a minute?

I could do about 4 per second but only for about 30-40 seconds, never managed a full minute at that pace :(

Here's a good one for you to try... how many skips can you do in a minute?

I could do about 4 per second but only for about 30-40 seconds, never managed a full minute at that pace :(

couldnt be arsed counting:D
you will know when you have done enough stop fanying about and get on with it:p

no - 3 skips per jump for my 150.

Back