few q's about some compounds

first off deadlift .. i setup fine .. back arched etc .. then when i do the intial pull my back rounds .. how can i correct this .. the weight isnt that heavy .. like around 210ish .. should i bend lower ? butt out .. ?

squat .. im still only squatting around 130-145rish .. ive gotten better .. elbows behind the bar .. chest out .. looking straight ahead .. i go a little below parallel .. it seems even squatting bodyweight .. my heel seems to turn . like my feet dont stay planted .. they seem to move .. i thought after a month of squatting my glutes and stuff would strengthen up .. but i just dunno what im doing wrong

bent over bb rows .. does this help in getting a wide back ? or just strengthening the middle ? to help getting a wide back .. ive started throwing wide grip pullups .. i used to never be able to do them but now after my workout i can do like 3 x 4 .. still sucks i know ..
should i work on wide grip lat pulldowns as well ??

mainly my workout is all compounds .. so i have stopped doing lat pulldows

210 is heavy. If you only squat around 140, then your deadlift should be somewhere around the same.

I echo tony here. 210lbs is more than I can do with good form. if your back is rounding, its too much weight for your current level.

lower ..

never really was taught the proper form .. its hard to look sideways in the mirror and try to deadlift ...

does deadlifting help widen the upper back ?

deadlifts help pretty much everything ;) keep the upper back tight, retract your shoulderblades too. I cant really find any articles about deadlift form right now.. :S

Only thing that confuses me is on The Dead Zone article:
Mistake #2: Pulling the shoulder blades together
Ive been told by many people that you SHOULD retract your shoulderblades when you do deads.. :s

yeah i gotta try that whole leaning back, and shoulders behind the bar, ive never done that before, maybe i can pull up some extra weight ;)
But i think retracting the shoulderblades or not depends if you are competing or training, if you retract them your upper back will get more of a workout, but when you go for a max, chanses are, the muscles in your upper back wont be able to keep them retracted and the back will round, which is ok, just keep the upper back out of the last degrees of flexion since that can cause injury.

jetjaguar said:
first off deadlift .. i setup fine .. back arched etc .. then when i do the intial pull my back rounds .. how can i correct this .. the weight isnt that heavy .. like around 210ish .. should i bend lower ? butt out .. ?

Look up.
Fill your belly with air and brace as if receiving a punch.

squat .. im still only squatting around 130-145rish .. ive gotten better .. elbows behind the bar .. chest out .. looking straight ahead .. i go a little below parallel .. it seems even squatting bodyweight .. my heel seems to turn . like my feet dont stay planted .. they seem to move .. i thought after a month of squatting my glutes and stuff would strengthen up .. but i just dunno what im doing wrong

You might benefit from a pair of Chuck Taylor All-Stars.

deadlift is def. an exercise where your stomach should be allowed to puff out. don't pull the abs in because that detracts from lower back strength. let them puff out, and you can still tense them to provide plenty of core stabilization.

your mid/upper back may round but the lower back MUST stay flat or you risk injury. 210lbs is not a puny deadlift, its not 900lbs, but its not a newbie weight by ANY means.

perhaps you're not going quite wide enough on your stance, so check that.
try to have someone else watch your form so you can just focus on the movement.

Back