Sport Do you nap?

Sport Fitness
I know sometimes I feel tired during the day (I wake up 6 or 7 a.m. every morning and go lift or do my cardio before classes)

But do you guys nap? Does it have any negative effects on metabolism, as sleep does?

Thanks a lot,
acg

15-20 minutes nap havent no effect on metabolism afaik

i think short naps are fine, i never want to get up once i fall asleep so i dont bother taking naps. i just go to sleep earlier when i can.

Yes there is the 20 minute power nap.. You will feel more refreshed in a 20 minute power nap.. than you would lets say nap for an hour. Taking couple hour naps might/will effect your night sleep.. thus giving you an unequal amount of sleep.

BRAHMA said:
Yes there is the 20 minute power nap.. You will feel more refreshed in a 20 minute power nap.. than you would lets say nap for an hour. Taking couple hour naps might/will effect your night sleep.. thus giving you an unequal amount of sleep.

This is true.. I woke up at 7 today, and I took a 3 hour nap in the middle of the day. Now I'm up at 3 AM!

I workout after lunch. There is nothing better than coming home, having a nice big steak with potatoes, vegg and gravy and having a nap in front of the tv before going our for the evening.

As my dear old Nan used to say. "An hour before midnight is worth two after."

Back