Creatine

Hey all, i just need some info about Creatine and other products.:)

I've been rading up on Creatine and other stuff, what i've noticed is that it always says "Build Weight" with Creatine - Does this mean you build fat alot faster?
I work out 3 times a week, and looking for a product that will help tone+build but not build weight (if there is such a thing) I'm not wanting to be too big, just toned.I'm scared that if i start to use Creatine it will put weight on.

As you can tell, i don't have the right infomation to start taking Creatine. Maybe you guys can help? :)

- Thanks Shev

Your body uses adenine tri phosphate (ATP) for energy and in doing so it drops a phosphate to become adenine di phosphate (ADP), creatine (CP) only adds a phosphate to make ATP out of ADP. It helps you lift longer, harder, with more energy. Thats it. It's not a miracle drug. It's not a steriod. It's not a weight gainer. It does make you retain more water which will put on a few pounds but they go away as soon as you quit. Creatine should only be used if you have an intense program that requires a lot of strength and energy. I would advise you not to if you are just going to tone. If you hammer down your diet and put in the time in the gym it is not needed. It will only waste your money.........

tonymcclellan said:
Well if you add muscle you will add weight. How long have you been working out?

three years. I read a lot of articles on supplements and fitness too. I take whey protein and used to take creatine but it did not seem to do enough for what it cost.

fitwes16 said:
three years. I read a lot of articles on supplements and fitness too. I take whey protein and used to take creatine but it did not seem to do enough for what it cost.

I was directing that at shevlyn. But thats cool.

A little about me =)

I'm 21, been weight training for just less than a year,Im 11 and a half stone -
wanting to tone up rather than build too much mass, but wanting to gain strengh more. :)

PS: Thanks for the help so far. :)

I say don't take creatine.

My reasoning:

1. You're 21yrs old, still at the peak of your biological ability and probably haven't truly tapped your natural potential.
  2. You want to 'tone.' Creatine will cause you to retain water because it needs hydration. NOTE: using the word tone is fallacy. Learn to think of it not as toning, but cutting bodyfat.

fitwes16 said:
Your body uses adenine tri phosphate (ATP) for energy and in doing so it drops a phosphate to become adenine di phosphate (ADP), creatine (CP) only adds a phosphate to make ATP out of ADP.

Why do I suddenly feel like I'm back in my third week of exercise phys class?

ATP+H2O---->ADP+Pi=~7.3kcals/mol
PCr+ADP----->Cr+ATP

Cynic said:
I say don't take creatine.

My reasoning:

1. You're 21yrs old, still at the peak of your biological ability and probably haven't truly tapped your natural potential.
  2. You want to 'tone.' Creatine will cause you to retain water because it needs hydration. NOTE: using the word tone is fallacy. Learn to think of it not as toning, but cutting bodyfat.

Is there anything that you can recomend for cutting+strengh? :)

Shevlyn said:
Is there anything that you can recomend for cutting+strengh? :)

In order: A good solid diet, a good solid workout and a PWO protein shake.

There is one suppliment I'm using that I think is working for me: HOT-ROX Extreme.

Cynic said:
In order: A good solid diet, a good solid workout and a PWO protein shake.

There is one suppliment I'm using that I think is working for me: HOT-ROX Extreme.

Hi Cynic - I was looking at "Hot-Rox:Extreme" caps, just one question. What are they like to take?

"This product contains powerful thermogenic compounds, It is intended for indidviduals accoustomed to strong stimulants"

Thats a quote from a website that i looked them up on - here
Could you give me some more infomation on them please, as a person who has/is taking them.

Thanks
Shevlyn :)

Shevlyn said:
Hi Cynic - I was looking at "Hot-Rox:Extreme" caps, just one question. What are they like to take?

"This product contains powerful thermogenic compounds, It is intended for indidviduals accoustomed to strong stimulants"

Thats a quote from a website that i looked them up on - here
Could you give me some more infomation on them please, as a person who has/is taking them.

Thanks
Shevlyn :)

It will raise your body temp because it's raising your metabolism. It's 94 degrees in my apartment right now and I have to drink lots of water and take breaks in my bedroom (where the A/C is). They smell like raspberries and laste a bit like it too. I sometimes feel jittery on them, because they do have caffeine (the last ingredient on the list).

I bought two bottle at $31.99 (or so) and started with one every six hours. Now I'm on two every six hours, but I follow the instructions to the letter! I don't take more the two dosages a day and I don't take it too late because it will keep you awake.

I like it and I honestly believe it is helping.

Last edited:
Cynic said:
It will raise your body temp because it's raising your metabolism. It's 94 degrees in my apartment right now and I have to drink lots of water and take breaks in my bedroom (where the A/C is). They smell like raspberries and laste a bit like it too. I sometimes feel jittery on them, because they do have caffeine (the last ingredient on the list).

I bought two bottle at $31.99 (or so) and started with one every six hours. Now I'm on two every six hours, but I follow the instructions to the letter! I don't take more the two dosages a day and I don't take it too late because it will keep you awake.

I like it and I honestly believe it is helping.

Overall they are for weight loss, or does it give you energy and strengh too?

Shevlyn said:
Overall they are for weight loss, or does it give you energy and strengh too?

No strength, but they will give you energy. That helps keep fatique at bay during the workout a little longer.

No, because you are 18. I'm 41: big difference.

Use youre natura albility until you are 21 or older. Then look until suppliments other than protein, multivitimin and fish oil.

EDIT -- fixed sentence. Note to self, stay off the forums when drinking.

Last edited:
lots of info on creatine

Back