What needs to change

Hello I'm looking for some advice about my diet/excerise. I'm trying to loose excess fat but not too much because I'm not overweight but more importantely I want to be healthier and fitter.

I'm 18, female, 5'6 and 138 pounds.

In relation to exercise I don't know how much I should be doing. I walk to work 3 days a week which is about a mile to and from it.
I cycle 14 miles 3 mornings a week but usually feel very tired after it and was wondering maybe it's something to do with my diet.

Today which is a typical day I ate...

Breakfast Porrige made with water with banana slices and green tea
Lunch A bar of chocolate [can't cut this out] 2 oranges
Dinner A salad [Lettuce, 2 eggs, Chicken and Turkey slices]

Snacked on apples and wholegrain bread thoughout the day and about 3.5 litres of water plus glass of orange juice.

Any help appriciated,
Thanks.

holy hell your calories are far too low!!! all u'll do is run urself into the ground and it wil take over 6mths to recover...drastically increase them, cut cardio by 50% and focus on building muscle..protein with EVERY meal with veg and / or salad...focus on getting food right first:

(other 2 parts are there too)

then once that is adequate increase training slighlty as you go.

You may even put on some wt first but you need to get your body used to food for healthy and fitness benefits to come later

Hi, Digital Remote :)

A few things. You need to eat more. A lot more. Right now you are probably feeling tired, sluggish and just plain "bad." I eat 5-6 times per day. At each meal I eat a protein and a carb. Your meals aren't bad... but you need more of them :)

Your exercise is okay too. I'd look into strength training though. It's really good for you and will really help you lean out. However... I wouldn't add any more exercise until you increase your calories.

A lot of people think that eating less is best. In most cases that's not true. So start with eating 5-6 times per day. Every 2-3 hours. A protein and a carb at each meal.

Then add in some strength training.

Thanks for the advice guys
swans05, I've read that link and tried to make out a meal plan based on that.
hello_kitty, I'll see if my cravings go away after eating more. It's very hard for me to eat large amounts of food because I get full very easily.
Trainer Lynn, What is strenght training? I do feel very weak most of the time.
How's this?

Meal 1 Organic porrige with banana slices, 1 apple, grapes and green tea
Meal 2 Chicken sandwich and turkey slices with banana
Meal 3 Sunflower seeds, mixed nuts, bree cheese on wholegrain brown bread, glass of orange juice
Meal 4 Steak, potatoes and carrots

I'll maybe have another cup of green tea and a chocolate bar in between that and some salmon. I've made that based on the foods I have in my house at the moment. Would I lacking anything if I stuck to a plan like that?

Thanks again :p

add another 1 - 2 meals...remeber the further on in the day you get the less to zero carbs you want so the last 2 meals need to be altered...protein and fruit with first half of meals and protein and veg with 2nd half

Looks good. Just try to eat 5-6 meals a day :) Strength training is where you lift weights like dumbbells or your own body weight. You can also use the machines at the gym. all about strength training.

Back