Question about sets.

I hear ppl talking about drop sets, super sets, failure sets, etc. Could someone please tell me some of the more common types of sets and explain them to me and there benifits? Thanks for any help.

RancidSam said:
I hear ppl talking about drop sets, super sets, failure sets, etc. Could someone please tell me some of the more common types of sets and explain them to me and there benifits? Thanks for any help.

i donno what drop sets are but :
super sets - u do another set right after another. Usually works the same muscle. For example, upright row + lateral raise.

failure sets - u do reps until you go into failure and completely whack yourself

I think what you are talking about are sets where you pick a weight that you can only fire out say... 12 reps.. you go to failure.. then lower the weight and continue to failure. On and on.

niceone said:
I think what you are talking about are sets where you pick a weight that you can only fire out say... 12 reps.. you go to failure.. then lower the weight and continue to failure. On and on.

Yup, thats a drop set. And, what usually happens is, that hot chick at the gym you've had your eye on for a while walks in just as your failing on the lowest weight imaginable with your eyes about to pop out...

I would not recommend implementing these into your routine unless your training age is a few years plus. Remember, your body adapts to everything your throw at it. In the beginning, your body is easily overloaded simply because it is not used to the weights you are lifting.

After sometime, and this time is different for each of us, straight sets of compound exercises may not be enough. You may have to throw in some of these "special sets" into your parts of your routine to get your body to respond.

ChrisJG said:
Yup, thats a drop set. And, what usually happens is, that hot chick at the gym you've had your eye on for a while walks in just as your failing on the lowest weight imaginable with your eyes about to pop out...

:D i swear it's my 5th set!!!

Hey thanks guys the last day I lifted befor my one my break I did a drop set and exactlly what you said would happened did. Ohh well its all good cause shes seen me at the beach befor so she knows I no weakling.:cool:

Back