have one urgent question pls help

hi , lets begin from the start
ive been training for size and strenght which requires heavy weights, ive seen very amazing results but the thing is im getting pain in my joints from lifting heavy weights.
i workout 3 times a week,
mon - workout at home (full body workout)
wed - workout at home (full body workout)
fri - workout at gym(full body workout, workout till failure as i have access to more weights)

but on friday i workout till failure lifting as much as i can.

i was wondering if i kept friday as it is and on mon and wed i did trainning with light weights but high reps for shape for couple of months would i get anywhere or am i wasting time ?

thanks alot

I guess you could do that...but I think you'd be better off sticking to one thing for a while.

Try high reps for some time on each day, or do low reps for some time. Doing both during the same time isn't as effective in my opinion...Once you switch from one to the other, your body will feel completely different.

ok thanks
but the problem is im quite slim, if i rip now i would wanna bulk again wouldnt that be just stupid cause im bulking rite now and then im gonna jus take off all this weight which i put on then put it back on ?

gunit said:
hi , lets begin from the start
ive been training for size and strenght which requires heavy weights, ive seen very amazing results but the thing is im getting pain in my joints from lifting heavy weights.
i workout 3 times a week,
mon - workout at home (full body workout)
wed - workout at home (full body workout)
fri - workout at gym(full body workout, workout till failure as i have access to more weights)

but on friday i workout till failure lifting as much as i can.

i was wondering if i kept friday as it is and on mon and wed i did trainning with light weights but high reps for shape for couple of months would i get anywhere or am i wasting time ?

thanks alot

No...absolutely not a waste of time. You should be training across a full range of reps w/ each workout. On full body workouts...set up as you have above...you could do a weight workout w/ reps of say 8-12 on monday....do your higher rep BW workout on wednesday...and keep your heavy weight, low rep training for friday's. You don't really need to be training to failure though.

What kind of volume are you doing? If you are getting joint pain from one heavy workout a week...I would think your volume could be too high and you should stop lifting to failure.

thanks alot everyone, im sure im getting pain from lifting heavy weights, especially in my shoulder joints from doing bench presses.

i do 3 sets of 10 reps for each workout and i workout the major muscles
chest
back
legs
biceps
triceps
shoulders

only 1 exercise per muscle group, on friday i mite do 2 if i have enough energy

I think I might have misunderstood, if you are doing 3 full body workouts, it's ok to have a heavy day, light day, and moderate day.

But you should not be training across a full range of reps for each workout, it wouldn't make sense to 25 reps of something and then drop down to your 1 rep max each time you lift, your body would not respond well to that

let me explain clearly.
for example
on monday and wednessday i do bicep curls 3 x 25 with 5kg (each hand)
then on friday i do bicep curls 3x10 with 40kg

would i be wasting time if i did that with all my exercises
mon and wed i do high reps and low weights
on friday i do low reps with high weights

what is your goal? cut.. bulk, bulk and get strong? sorry if u have said in the thread, i just cant bother reading through it all:p

np karky :p ill make it short here
im working for strenght and size but because of lifting heavy weights ive been having pain in my joints which stop me from doing couple of exercises, the only exercise i can do with heavy weights without hurting my elbow or shoulder joints for tricep is bench press, and i dont want to do them everyday as i have had bad experience with them :p

so im saying can i keep my diet the same (i dont have a special diet) and instead of trainning 3 days do only 1 day with heavy weights and the other 2 i do light weights with high reps

my question is would i be waisting time ?

p.s i hope that wasnt alot to read :p

im really confused can somone put it into simpler words if i would be wastin time or not

Back