Easy to make...taste great! Very low in calories and fat...
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 2 ounces firm tofu, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon light miso paste
- 2 teaspoons barley miso paste
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach, washed and chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Ladle out about 1/2 cup of the boiling water, and reserve. Add tofu. Reduce the heat to medium, cover, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add spinach or bok choy; simmer about 1 to 2 minutes, or until the greens are tender. Remove soup from heat.
- Blend white miso and barley miso into reserved hot water. Stir into soup. Ladle into bowls, and garnish with scallion. Serve immediately.