A rich casserole for vegetarians.
- Vegetable oil spray
- 2 8-ounce cans no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 2 medium cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup uncooked spaghetti, broken into pieces
- 3 medium stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 8 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut into 18 small slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly spray a 9-x-13 inch casserole dish with vegetable oil.
- In a bowl, combine tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, herbs and garlic. Mix well and set aside.
- In prepared casserole dish, arrange half of the eggplant slices in a single layer.
- Top with half of each of the following: zucchini slices, spaghetti, celery, onion and bell pepper.
- Next, arrange 9 slices of cheese over this, and spoon half of tomato mixture on top of cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake about 1 hour, or until vegetables are tender.